Fordís New CEO Hints at Ambitious Plans - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community
 461Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 555 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 03:06 PM
Ford Kuga

Re: Fordís New CEO Hints at Ambitious Plans

Fiesta, C-Max, Focus and Focus EV are also being cut as Ford momentarily exits the economy and high-high-effeciency market for the remainder of the decade as they focus more on trucks, vans, and utilities. It's one of the reasons they've spent so much time announcing products that are beyond 2020 because for a while their product portfolio is going to have no economy or EV options besides Fusion Hybrid and EcoSport (which is still less FE than Focus and Fiesta). By 2020 we should see Ford return with the next-gen Focus and a bunch of new hybrids including Escape and F-150.

Last edited by Assimilator; 09-26-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 555 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 03:25 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
Fiesta, C-Max, Focus and Focus EV are also being cut as Ford momentarily exits the economy and high-high-effeciency market for the remainder of the decade as they focus more on trucks, vans, and utilities. It's one of the reasons they've spent so much time announcing products that are beyond 2020 because for a while their product portfolio is going to have no economy or EV options besides Fusion Hybrid and EcoSport (which is still less FE than Focus and Fiesta). By 2020 we should see Ford return with the next-gen Focus and a bunch of new hybrids including Escape and F-150.
Fiesta still surprises me......could it have to do more with production space (where to make it) rather than whether they feel it's a competitive offering? I know they have to make it for Mexico/South America right?
C-Max will effectively be replaced by the Model E, and it sounds as if another utility will slot between EcoSport and Escape, so while "C-Max" may be dropped, it's being replaced. You can't include Focus in the "cut" category. You act as if it's being dropped from the lineup completely to never return a la Dart/200. It's going on a short hiatus until the new model arrives.

Really, everything you mentioned aside from Fiesta is being replaced, so saying they're cutting those products is inaccurate.
wingsnut and falcon lover like this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #23 of 555 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 03:58 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

C-Max will be replaced by a new crossover with the same size and price because European buyers donít want more people movers, they want crossovers. Focus will be in a short hiatus in USA until the new model arrive. But this is a ďproductionĒ hiatus. Maybe will be enough units to keep the dealers with some old models until the new ones arrives.

post #24 of 555 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyphics View Post
All of the Ford models they are about to cut.

Easy to say, hard to prove I guess.
Reputation implies years of bad word of mouth by customers. Name one model about to be cut that had a bad reputation. I see only several products that are a bit long in the tooth. Hardly a bad rep excuse.

"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."
post #25 of 555 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 05:26 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

just-imho
the only vehicles I feel confident will still be in the Ford lineup in ~5>10 years, other than trucks,
are
Escape, Edge, Explorer, Expedition

can easily see everything else changed - one way or a nother, not nec. Names

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 555 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 10:33 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
just-imho
the only vehicles I feel confident will still be in the Ford lineup in ~5>10 years, other than trucks,
are
Escape, Edge, Explorer, Expedition

can easily see everything else changed - one way or a nother, not nec. Names
To me, those are all trucks.
AM222 likes this.
post #27 of 555 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 04:43 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

QUOTE: bzcat @ BON Posted Today, 01:05 PM

I don't know what Jim's big plan is but here will be my plan - which should be obvious to anyone paying attention to the industry - more CUVs! Look at Honda... best seller is CR-V, and the HR-V outsells Fit by a healthy margin.

ē Fullsize car is pointless in the US so no reason to replace the Taurus. Just make the next Fusion a totally kick ass car.
ē Fiesta made sense when gas was $4 a gallon but obviously a marginal business now. But I would find a way to keep the car in the line up in the US. Import it from somewhere.
ē Make sure next gen EcoSport and C-Max replacement (a CUV) are build in North America so you have the capacity to meet demand.
ē Re-assess European niche products... Grand C-Max and S-Max maybe better off being replaced by 7-seat Escape/Kuga and 7-seat Edge, which Ford can sell worldwide.
ē Make more variants of Explorer and Edge. We have Platinum (Vignale) and Sport but there seem to be a lot of untapped potential. i.e. a "Raptor-lite" or FX version with faux-SUV styling (lots of cladding and a bit more ground clearance); a King Ranch Explorer (come on... shooting fish in the barrel here) etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #28 of 555 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 08:53 AM
Ford Flex

Ford needs to work on what works for them. Next gen F series should have an F-100 that is all electric.
F-150 should have several hybrid engines as options (one for fleet and a stronger one for retail)
The Model E should have one c-d sized sedan, one sleek convertable, and 2 or 3 sizes of CUVs.

I do not see the value of each company working on their own automomus vehicle. There should be a regulated system which would connect every automomus vehicle on the road, and have them work in tandem when possible.
2b2 likes this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #29 of 555 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 12:07 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

went looking for Team Edison info & found:
Media.Ford.com | Oct 3, 2017 | DEARBORN, Mich.
Ford Motor Company to Host CEO Strategic Update

On Tuesday, Oct. 3, Jim Hackett, Ford president and chief executive officer, will provide a strategic update to members of the investment community in New York.
Also participating will be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logans Run View Post
Ford needs to work on what works for them. Next gen F series should have an F-100 that is all electric.
F-150 should have several hybrid engines as options (one for fleet and a stronger one for retail)...
The Model E should have one c-d sized sedan, one sleek convertable, and 2 or 3 sizes of CUVs...
+
thinking = no one can can use the num of alphanumerics for range ( =suicide ) but
it might be that kWh battery-size could be PERFECT ...THO
that could dis-place the current, infinitely-well-known ($valuable$) numerics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logans Run View Post
...I do not see the value of each company working on their own autonoMOUSE vehicle. There should be a regulated system which would connect every autonoMOUSE vehicle on the road, and have them work in tandem when possible.
I'd like to keep the gub'mint out of this as loooooooooooooooooong as possible.
if the Mfgs are smart (more than falsely-competitive) they'll get their actS together and present 'Washington' with a fait-accompli

Last edited by 2b2; 09-28-2017 at 01:01 PM.
post #30 of 555 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 07:55 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
I'd like to keep the gub'mint out of this as loooooooooooooooooong as possible.
SAE wasn't gub'mint. The word "regulation" does not automatically mean gub'mint.
Bloggin likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page