Introducing Team Edison - Page 4 - Ford Inside News Community
 137Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 188 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 10:48 AM
Ford Falcon

Re: Introducing Team Edison

Ugh.....they won't be using "Edison" on anything.
Bloggin likes this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 188 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topnotch View Post
Remember when Ford owned Th!nk

|https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_TH!NK
The Ford TH!NK was a line of electric vehicles produced by the TH!NK Mobility, then an enterprise of Ford Motor Company. The short-lived line included four models: the TH!NK Neighbor and the TH!NK City, small electric automobiles, and the TH!NK Bike Traveler and the TH!NK Bike Fun, electric-powered motorized bicycle. Ford sold its stock, and the resulting company, Think Global, produced electric cars in Norway until declaring bankruptcy in 2011.

I guess Ford had to ReTH!NK that agreement
falcon lover and Bloggin like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 188 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 12:24 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
If BMW can have I, which is in fact a brand, then why not E for Ford. Also a brand. Heck, Black Label is a brand of sorts, so I don't see an issue with it in the slightest, only opportunities to differentiate something that is so fundamentaly different from ICE products. And plenty can change between now and lets say 200 years from now, when ICE no longer exists. Certainly far longer than "a few years" from now anyway.
I have no issue with a sub-brand for electric, just not a full third brand like say.... Mercury. As you said, BL is a sub brand, as is ST for Ford, and Vignale for Ford Europe. These products remain under the Ford and Lincoln umbrella, works for me!
wingsnut, 2b2, glyphics and 1 others like this.

post #34 of 188 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 12:25 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
A summary about where Darren Palmer comes from:

"Darren Palmer is the Vehicle Line Director for next-generation Global CD Platform Products, including the Explorer, Mustang plus the unique platform for Lincoln products.
This role includes leading product development teams to conceive, develop and launch world-class, segment beating products."
Ummm, what?
2b2 and glyphics like this.
post #35 of 188 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

^
Funny how information gets out sometimes.
2b2 and glyphics like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #36 of 188 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 12:32 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
Ford is being a little petty with the use of Edison to jab at Tesla following the Model E court dispute, but it does help to elevate awareness even if it's going to be a bit of a joke once it hits the news. But Tesla has served its purpose, it has forced a sketpical industry and public to respond and move to electric very quickly. This makes Tesla the most influential car company since Ford was founded, but we still have a long road to go before we've turned that page.
I don't see it as being petty. I think there is always good to be had from competition and the team spirit that it produces. By naming the development team Edison they make it clear who they're targeting. I would think it's an awesome time to be on that team, you're giving the directive to aim for the current champ, and do so in a timely manner!

When Chevy was asked what a Camaro was they responded "A small animal that eats Mustangs", or something to that end. Competition is awesome and can only produce results if your competition is well defined!
glyphics likes this.
post #37 of 188 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 12:37 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
^
I suspect this is just the RWD version of D6 they're referring to. I will be floored if there are two all new platforms being developed at the moment. Even so, if that is is confirming the RWD D6 actually still exists, I'm cool with that!
post #38 of 188 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 01:03 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

That information is confuse. " Director for next generation global CD platform products, included Mustang and Explorer, plus unique platform for Lincoln products". This mean, for me, something like this:

1- Will be one platform for CD products, and another platform for Lincoln products
2- Lincoln will have an exclusive platform
3- The next CD products mean what? The products based on the current CD platform?: Fusion/Mondeo, MKZ, Continental, S-Max, Galaxy, MKX, Edge.
4- Why ..."included Mustang and Explorer"? All CD current products are FWD. The next CD products will be RWD? Or the Mustang will go to FWD platform? Is possible to make a FWD and RWD cars on the same CD future platform? (the long rumored CD6 RWD/FWD platform) I think all this mean that the future CD platform will be the CD6, with the option to do a RWD and FWD cars
5- If Lincoln will have an exclusive platform for their products, this platform will be a RWD or a FWD car platform? Or will be like the Fordīs CD6 , viable for both types of vehicle?

I want to know more...
Logans Run and Bloggin like this.

post #39 of 188 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 01:03 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
^
Can I ask where the original post and that post came from?

Because there's no information anywhere on this aside from here.
2b2 likes this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #40 of 188 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 01:39 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
I have no issue with a sub-brand for electric, just not a full third brand like say.... Mercury. As you said, BL is a sub brand, as is ST for Ford, and Vignale for Ford Europe. These products remain under the Ford and Lincoln umbrella, works for me!
offtopic/oldtopic/un heal ed wound
L-M as a full div/brand(s)
when compared to the plethorizing germans neither Lincoln nor Merc were full Brands in living memory

next question

Quote:
...I think there is always good to be had from competition and the team spirit that it produces. By naming the development team Edison they make it clear who they're targeting. I would think it's an awesome time to be on that team, you're giving the directive to aim for the current champ, and do so in a timely manner!...
*ahem*
img] Henry & Tom [/img
note: Henry worked for Tom before getting into the mobility-biz
there's nothing pulling-a-name-outta-hat-ish about Fomoco "choosing" that name

seriously, when Ford protected their Model-E, nobody could accurately predict if Tesla would still be in business by the time it came out
Quote:
...When Chevy was asked what a Camaro was they responded "A small animal that eats Mustangs", or something to that end. Competition is awesome and can only produce results if your competition is well defined!
afaik
other than getting hit by a pickup truck
the main predator of mustangs around here (very rare) are ...COUGARS

Last edited by 2b2; 09-29-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page