F-L 2019my OGs ...starting - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 10:28 AM
Focus RS WRC

Re: F-L 2019my OGs - basically DATES for now

Considering that the MK4 Focus is coming quite late to the United States, I have thought about a current 2018 Focus or 2018 Fiesta. I've heard that the transmission issues aren't as bad, and they're still decent cars. What bothers me is this...(attachment) Why should I be forced to get a black interior in the SE Fiesta if I want navigation?

Also you cannot get navigation on an SE Focus.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture.png (885.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png Picture2.png (456.0 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 11:48 AM
Ford Kuga

Interesting to see 2019 MKC is happening fairly early in the year.

As for an EcoSport-based Lincoln, that would be a trick I'd like to see unfold.

As for the Flex, MKT and Taurus sticking around yet another year unchanged, it seems likely now that the cars will be here at least through MY 2020 and likely replaced by the next Explorer/Aviator. The trick will be to see if they keep Taurus production alongside the NG Explorer. MKT and Flex may be around until some product replaces it in Oakville.

Last edited by Assimilator; 02-14-2018 at 12:58 PM.
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 08:30 PM
FIN Staff Member

A subcompact CUV really won't do well with Lincoln right now because their target market is still too old for such a small cuv. Lincoln will need to change their focus to attract the sub 40 consumer, which means adding luxury performance. But Lincoln will need a halo luxury performance model to kick that all off and that's riding on the next gen MKZ. If Lincoln offers a true C-Class/3-Series competitor in sedan, coupe and convertible, and an EV option for each model, then we know Lincoln is ready to compete globally with the leaders. But if they try to go between models with size and stay 'Quiet', then a 40+ niche brand Lincoln will remain.

post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 09:31 PM
Ford Kuga

Buick and Lincoln share SOME entry-level American luxury customers and the Encore does extremely well so it's not hard to imagine Lincoln doing this, but it's not something I would have expected Lincoln to do at this point. Their brand has been very focused on reinforcing their traditional luxury values and moving it upmarket and it's very hard to achieve those in entry-level products. But I would not be surprised if many people buying the EcoSport are retirees looking to downsize which would be an opportunity for Lincoln. China is also a big factor so it's possible it could be a Chinese product primarily/only. But obviously Ford has a long way to go before EcoSport is considered competitive.

Last edited by Assimilator; 02-14-2018 at 09:38 PM.
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 08:42 AM
Ford Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
A subcompact CUV really won't do well with Lincoln right now because their target market is still too old for such a small cuv.
But this IS the way to lower the age of your target market!

It will not be the EcoSport that Lincoln uses. It will be the new Focus based CUV that will be smaller than Escape.
Escape is moving up in size a bit.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #16 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 10:04 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
As for the Flex, MKT and Taurus sticking around yet another year unchanged, it seems likely now that the cars will be here at least through MY 2020 and likely replaced by the next Explorer/Aviator. The trick will be to see if they keep Taurus production alongside the NG Explorer. MKT and Flex may be around until some product replaces it in Oakville.
A few years back one industry forecasting report had the Flex (D471) and MKT (D472) EOP (end of production) dates extended from Dec 2015 to Dec 2018. If this still is accurate they might be making 2019's until then and that's it!

Oddly they reported Taurus (D258) EOP to have been extended to June 2023! (from June 2017)

This same report had the current Explorer EOP in Dec 2018 and the new Explorer (U625) and Aviator (U611) starting in Jan 2016. (I think more recent reports has the SOP around April 2019 now)

Would Ford really still make the D3 Taurus along the new CD6 based Explorer/Aviator? Just enough for the Police market maybe?

https://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums...t-updated.html
2b2 likes this.

Last edited by spudz64; 02-15-2018 at 12:02 PM. Reason: link added
post #17 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 10:11 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logans Run View Post
But this IS the way to lower the age of your target market!

It will not be the EcoSport that Lincoln uses. It will be the new Focus based CUV that will be smaller than Escape.
Escape is moving up in size a bit.
Lincoln has said for a while they would not go below the current MKC's entry price point ($34,000+) It makes sense as Ford keeps adding higher trims and price points to their lineup...let Lincoln establish a true premium lineup, with less overlap with Ford. Might sell less but at higher ATP's, and gain a reputation as a true luxury maker.
The wild card is China...if the Chinese market demands an entry Lincoln then they will do so....it just may not come here!
2b2 likes this.
post #18 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 12:13 PM
Ford Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudz64 View Post
Lincoln has said for a while they would not go below the current MKC's entry price point ($34,000+)
Yes, notice they said price point, not size.

The next gen escape/MKC will grow larger, and the starting price will likely rise. That leaves the 34K entry price point for the new CUV that will be somewhat smaller than the current Escape/MKC.
Bloggin likes this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #19 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logans Run View Post
Yes, notice they said price point, not size.

The next gen escape/MKC will grow larger, and the starting price will likely rise. That leaves the 34K entry price point for the new CUV that will be somewhat smaller than the current Escape/MKC.
OR...
they could keep the "MKC" nameplate on their smallest Cuvlet (since the architecture is changing anyway)
which
imho would make it easier to boost the price of the slightly larger Cuvlet WHICH
would wind-up being very close in size to the MACAN
btw, the new 2019my BMW X4 is growing from Macan length to previous-MKX length

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 01:25 PM
Ford Focus ZX

2019 Mustang Order Guide Monday? 3/12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page