Fusion/Fiesta/Taurus Officially Cancelled - Page 18 - Ford Inside News Community
 522Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #171 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 02:28 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: Fusion/Fiesta/Taurus Officially Cancelled

My response to Mr. Jim Farley, as a Ford customer and Ford fan:

1- Obviously, you desperate to try to convince everyone that the decision to eliminate the sedans is good for someone else but the shareholders.
2- You are talking about new nameplates, but only show us the Bronco and the baby Bronco...and the Ranger... the others vehicles are the same : Escape, Explorer, Expedition, Edge.
3- No matter how many times you say "exciting","performance", "new","passionate"... if you only offer Crsossovers , SUVs and trucks and i want a large, low and elegant sedan, you cant convince me to buy a Bronco. No matter how "fantastic" will be that new Bronco... if i dont want a high ride vehicle to go off road, i will not buy it.
4- Maybe is true that many customers want a high ride vehicle, but you need to recognize that Ford in 2 years will not have something to offer for those customers that want cars... and they will need to go elsewhere to buy what they want.
5- You talk about a new kind of "sillouette", "a fantastic shape"... bah... that is a crossover. Dont try to convince us that is something new. The Ford EV is a crossover like the Edge... nothing more. So, dont lie.
6- About the affirmation that Ford will cover the entire price range and will continue to offer affordables vehicles, you are lying again. The Fiesta start at 14000$ and the EcoSport, that will replace in fact the Fiesta and the Focus, start at 19995$...This mean the most affordable Ford will be 6000$ more expensive than the current one. Dont lie, please... all of us can enter to the Ford USA web page and check the prices ...
7- "Market share of Ford will not be affected".... Really, Jim? You believe we are stupid?... 4 nameplates killed (500000 vehicles in 2017 ) and the market share will be the same?

Thanks God i live in Europe, where Ford still sell Fiestas, Focuses and Mondeos.... i hope this remain in this way for some years more...
2b2, biker16, hbmf3 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by falcon lover; 04-27-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 04:10 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

finally thought of a metaphor I like
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Source: Jalopnik (information was confirmed by a Ford spokesperson)
- May 2018: Focus
- March 2019: Taurus
- May 2019: Fiesta
Fusion sticking around for around a couple of years. And the Focus Active will be imported from China starting mid-2019.

tell your significant other that you're going to divorce them in 2 years...
...and see how those two years 'go' for you

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Martinez-AN.jpg (9.5 KB, 69 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #173 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 04:15 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
finally thought of a metaphor I like

tell your significant other that you're going to divorce them in 2 years...
...and see how those two years 'go' for you

Well, they would have a hard time not excusing the occasional 'test drive' from another brand
SP1966 likes this.

post #174 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 04:39 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
My response to Mr. Jim Farley, as a Ford customer and Ford fan:

1- Obviously, you desperate to try to convince everyone that the decision to eliminate the sedans is good for someone else but the shareholders.
2- You are talking about new nameplates, but only show us the Bronco and the baby Bronco...and the Ranger... the others vehicles are the same : Escape, Explorer, Expedition, Edge.
3- No matter how many times you say "exciting","performance", "new","passionate"... if you only offer Crsossovers , SUVs and trucks and i want a large, low and elegant sedan, you cant convince me to buy a Bronco. No matter how "fantastic" will be that new Bronco... if i dont want a high ride vehicle to go off road, i will not buy it.
4- Maybe is true that many customers want a high ride vehicle, but you need to recognize that Ford in 2 years will not have something to offer for those customers that want cars... and they will need to go elsewhere to buy what they want.
5- You talk about a new kind of "sillouette", "a fantastic shape"... bah... that is a crossover. Dont try to convince us that is something new. The Ford EV is a crossover like the Edge... nothing more. So, dont lie.
6- About the affirmation that Ford will cover the entire price range and will continue to offer affordables vehicles, you are lying again. The Fiesta start at 14000$ and the EcoSport, that will replace in fact the Fiesta and the Focus, start at 19995$...This mean the most affordable Ford will be 6000$ more expensive than the current one. Dont lie, please... all of us can enter to the Ford USA web page and check the prices ...
7- "Market share of Ford will not be affected".... Really, Jim? You believe we are stupid?... 4 nameplates killed (500000 vehicles in 2017 ) and the market share will be the same?

Thanks God i live in Europe, where Ford still sell Fiestas, Focuses and Mondeos.... i hope this remain in this way for some years more...
I already pointed out that that 595K figure was completely inaccurate.

The dropped models accounted for 355K, and they're already down another 12.4K this YTD.
ehaase likes this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #175 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 06:31 PM
Ford Focus

Send a message via Skype™ to Nitro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
I'm guessing the white space will revolve around a large rwd sedan. Upmarket/desirable to own, low(ish) volume but profitable, shared with Lincoln.
I'm only guessing, of course, but I'm thinking more mid-size. Something sharing a wheelbase with the MKZ replacement. I don't expect a traditional sedan, however. I'm hoping for what would essentially be a Mondeo wagon in Active trim, but I'm expecting something closer to a lifted Mondeo 5-door/sportback. Maybe Ford will be the first automaker to crack the Outback's grip on that specialized segment. And if they can satisfy law enforcement in the process, all the better.
This was EXACTLY what I was thinking a few minutes ago
2b2, ZanatWork and HotRod like this.

Too much horse power is just enough!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #176 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 06:49 PM
Focus RS WRC

According to Car Sales Base, the source I got the car vs. SUV info from, the Regal and A5 had large jumps in sales when sportbacks were introduced. I will definitely forgive Ford if they enter that segment. I do believe sportbacks are the perfect balance of all types of cars.

A shape like a sedan, trunk of an SUV, and a ride height between a sedan and a crossover/SUV. Win Win Win.
2b2, ZanatWork, pffan1990 and 2 others like this.
post #177 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 07:02 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^ I agree, Nihar. Tho I'd really hope for something Focus-size or even a bit "tauter"; AND
would require an adjustable-height suspension [auto speed-sensitive!+driver-selectable/programmable!!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
I already pointed out that that 595K figure was completely inaccurate.
The dropped models accounted for 355K, and they're already down another 12.4K this YTD.
just-imho - more than ANY single number is needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
...paste-up Chart ...really hope there're no errors
biker16 and Bloggin like this.

Last edited by 2b2; 04-27-2018 at 07:09 PM.
post #178 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 08:03 PM
FIN Staff Member

At Ford, scrapping sedans is too easy, and a mistake
Technology and Engineering reporter
http://www.autonews.com/article/2018...istake-hackett

UPDATED: 4/27/18 9:47 am ET - correction
EDITOR'S NOTE: This article has been amended to note that Toyota's first vehicle in the United States was the Corona.

Ford Motor Co. is making a big mistake reducing its Ford brand car offerings to just the Mustang and a version of the Focus.

Here's why: Such a vacuum opens the door to more competitors, such as Chinese automakers, who will see an opening in the market and rush in to fill it.

There has always been and always will be a market for small, fuel-efficient entry-level cars. Though they might not be hugely profitable, they are necessary in Ford's showroom. History shows us why. In the mid-'60s, Toyota got rolling in the U.S. with the Corona, a small, fuel-efficient and inexpensive high-quality compact.

Ford, General Motors and Chrysler had nothing like the Corona. Look how that one seed grew. Toyota and Lexus are a colossus in the United States. More recently, Hyundai and Kia started off in the U.S. with small, inexpensive cars and used them to grow businesses that now compete in nearly all market segments.

Bailing out of the car market is not the right move. Finding creative ways to make money selling smaller cars at lower volumes is what Ford should be doing. Can Ford team with GM or some other company and share a plant, suppliers and maybe even a common architecture to make a simple, reliable, safe, fuel-efficient small car whose aim is to keep buyers from wandering off to other brands?

Would contract manufacturers such as Magna Steyr or AM General be able to produce cars for Ford?

Instead of bailing on cars, GM has been creative. Recognizing that car buyers are looking for utility, Buick, for example, now has a five-door hatchback, the Regal Sportback, and the TourX wagon. Instead of killing the Fusion, why isn't Ford offering the European wagon version here?

I also see trouble for the Mustang. Even with its popularity overseas, Mustang volume is still small potatoes. Ford says it sold 125,809 Mustangs in 146 countries last year. While some of Mustang's powertrain development can be shared with rear-wheel-drive SUVs and F-series trucks, it's hard to justify major investments in future generations of the Mustang with volume that low.

The hard work is not killing cars. It's finding new and creative ways to make them appealing.
falcon lover, 2b2, AM222 and 1 others like this.
post #179 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 08:10 PM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihar Mazumdar View Post
My guess is that its difficult to turn a sedan into a sportback without starting new.

Remember this? Mondeo with a hatch sold in Europe.
biker16 and gjrip like this.
post #180 of 510 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 08:34 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

the Autonews article was obviously written before Farley's practically-a-retraction video...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin/Autonews View Post
...Such a vacuum opens the door to more competitors, such as Chinese automakers, who will see an opening in the market and rush in to fill it...

I hadn't thought + could be too late if China follows thru with reforms
but
WHAT IF... Ford brought over 'JingaLing' & Zotye vehicles?

crossreference: GM cuts off Cars' allowance
Bloggin likes this.

Last edited by 2b2; 04-27-2018 at 08:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page