Ford May 2018 Sales - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 33Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 12:12 AM
2b2
Mercury C557
 
2b2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: N NW of Atlantis (Reno)
Posts: 22,734
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Ford May 2018 Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
Interesting. At 9490 Tesla with just 3 models almost outsold Lincoln(9,755) for May and just 7k units from outselling Lincoln for the year. Which should happen by the end of 3rd quarter. At 6,250 the Model 3 alone outsold any Lincoln model by over 2 to 1.

Don't remember Lincoln stating that they were offering an EV anytime this decade.
where'd you get that 9490, Bloggin?
I just posted the [start of] the Others' sales & have 9220
tho my Model 3 number agrees

.

.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2b2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,381
Re: Ford May 2018 Sales

....and yet profits are even farther for them to realize.
Maybe they should sell fewer.
wingsnut is online now  
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 07:57 PM
FIN Staff Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,876
Re: Ford May 2018 Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
where'd you get that 9490, Bloggin?
I just posted the [start of] the Others' sales & have 9220
tho my Model 3 number agrees

.
I pulled the data from the monthly scoreboard.

https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/
Bloggin is offline  
 
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 07:33 AM
Ford Focus ZX
 
jpd80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 486
Re: Ford May 2018 Sales

F Series went close to equaling the whole of GM's mid and full size truck sales.

F Series......84,639
Silverado....52,859 (43,804 May 2017)
Sierra........16,668
Colorado....13,673
Canyon.......3,279

Mustang......8.739
Camaro........3,697
2b2 likes this.
jpd80 is offline  
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 08:33 AM
Ford Falcon Ute
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,735
Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: Ford May 2018 Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
F Series went close to equaling the whole of GM's mid and full size truck sales.

F Series......84,639
Silverado....52,859 (43,804 May 2017)
Sierra........16,668
Colorado....13,673
Canyon.......3,279

Mustang......8.739
Camaro........3,697

Why is the Camaro selling so bad? Like the Cadillacs model that share the same platform and are selling poor too, I can’t understand why. Is the platform? Is the terrible package? Is the retro style of the Camaro? GM needs to replace this car with something completely different. The Alpha platform failed.
falcon lover is online now  
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,381
Re: Ford May 2018 Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Why is the Camaro selling so bad? Like the Cadillacs model that share the same platform and are selling poor too, I can’t understand why. Is the platform? Is the terrible package? Is the retro style of the Camaro? GM needs to replace this car with something completely different. The Alpha platform failed.
That's quite a leap Falcon. Cars have slow months, often driven by scaling back fleet. The platform is a good one, but I doubt it moves the sales needle in either direction, by itself. Nobody goes to a dealership asking for Alpha.....but I get that some realize that it does improve the product.
wingsnut is online now  
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 03:03 PM
2b2
Mercury C557
 
2b2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: N NW of Atlantis (Reno)
Posts: 22,734
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Ford May 2018 Sales

putting this here cuz...
"Note: General Motors values are not included, as it reports on a quarterly basis."
Top 20 vehicles sold in U.S. in May
Reuters
Staff/TABLE - JUNE 1, 2018


and a couple swiped comments:
Escape is down 11% YTD, that's not "*dang* good".
It might be down from last year but 27K vehicles per month is still pretty *dang* good.
By contrast Camry and Accord both sold around 29K.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
I pulled the data from the monthly scoreboard.
https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/
TY
but I see a diff total


.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg top20 May2018.jpg (57.5 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg top20 Ytd2018May.JPG (59.0 KB, 63 views)

.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 06-03-2018 at 03:14 PM.
2b2 is offline  
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 10:05 PM
Ford Focus ZX
 
jpd80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 486
Re: Ford May 2018 Sales

Silverado ................................. 236,128 (212,425)
2b2 likes this.
jpd80 is offline  
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 11:42 AM
Ford Falcon
 
rmc523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,510
Re: Ford May 2018 Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
That's quite a leap Falcon. Cars have slow months, often driven by scaling back fleet. The platform is a good one, but I doubt it moves the sales needle in either direction, by itself. Nobody goes to a dealership asking for Alpha.....but I get that some realize that it does improve the product.
Camaro sales have been dropping since the launch of the current alpha version.

Personally, I think it's styling - the thing looks far too similar to the one it replaced. Not to mention the continuing visibility issue (though it seems people overlooked that before).
Samesun and badhac like this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
rmc523 is offline  
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 01:01 PM
Ford Focus ZX
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 375
Re: Ford May 2018 Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
Camaro sales have been dropping since the launch of the current alpha version.

Personally, I think it's styling - the thing looks far too similar to the one it replaced. Not to mention the continuing visibility issue (though it seems people overlooked that before).
Agree completely. Current gen looks like a cartoon...I’d be embarrassed to be seen in it. That’s saying something cause I have a bud that has the last gen Camaro w personalized plate that says “THEWOLF” ...that’s pretty embarrassing to be seen in lol.

It doesn’t help Camaro sales that the current mustang is so dam sexy...it’s perfect imo
2b2 and djhogie like this.
Samesun is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome