2Likes
  • 1 Post By Assimilator
  • 1 Post By Assimilator

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L
Anyone have experience with the C-Max?

My g/f is looking for a new car. She has a 2012 Chevy Sonic that has 94k miles (she drives a lot) and it's starting to give her a boat load of problems. She was looking at the C-Max and really likes it, I think it has the same powertrain as my MKZ Hybrid. Any pros and cons I should know about? I am not that familiar with them since they never appealed to me. She was trying to compare it to her old car which was a Malibu Maxx but her dad is under the impression that the Malibu Maxx was a lot bigger and the C Max is tiny compared to it. Not so sure on that one. I know the C Max goes away soon she may look at a CPO or buy new not sure yet though depends on deals.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 09:32 PM
Ford Kuga

Re: Anyone have experience with the C-Max?

C-Max is effectively out of stock, Ford really needs to remove it from the site.

As for size,

C-Max
174″ L x 72″ W x 64″ H
Cargo volume: 24.5 ft, 52.6 ft with seat area

Malibu Max
188″ L x 70″ W x 58″ H
Cargo volume: 22.8 ft, 41 ft with seat area

C-Max is taller and more cavernous, it's a little more like a Crossover than the longer Maxx wagon. The C-Max actually has more cargo room than the MAXX. So indeed it's bigger overall, just not longer. I don't think people realize just how much bigger vehicles are getting and even a small car today is bigger than a midsize car from a decade ago.
70 Stang likes this.

Last edited by Assimilator; 08-20-2018 at 09:59 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
C-Max is effectively out of stock, Ford really needs to remove it from the site.

As for size,

C-Max
174″ L x 72″ W x 64″ H
Cargo volume: 24.5 ft, 52.6 ft with seat area

Malibu Max
188″ L x 70″ W x 58″ H
Cargo volume: 22.8 ft, 41 ft with seat area

C-Max is taller and more cavernous, it's a little more like a Crossover than the longer Maxx wagon. The C-Max actually has more cargo room than the MAXX. So indeed it's bigger overall, just not longer. I don't think people realize just how much bigger vehicles are getting and even a small car today is bigger than a midsize car from a decade ago.

Thanks I'm at a work conference for the week in Orlando so I didnt have time to look up the numbers. I sent them to her tho and shes surprised. She looked at a new one last night but it was cut short cause of a thunderstorm she wants to go back and look again apparently the dealer is discounting it heavily.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 02:24 PM
Ford Kuga

I only see 1 C-Max in stock in a 100 Mile radius of me, so I would snatch it up if she wants it! I assume there must be more stock in other parts of the country.

C-Max is a very unusual vehicle, it's smartly packaged but it's really the last of the roomy MPVs in the US. The options are now between much smaller sub-compact utilities or taller compact utilities.
Andrew L likes this.

Last edited by Assimilator; 08-21-2018 at 02:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in