New Ford Ad - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 03:29 PM
FIN Staff Member

Re: New Ford Ad

I thought it was ironic that Ford built an ad talking about how the 'other' manufacturers talked about what they are building for the future(forgetting to mention the 'other' guys have concepts and some are already producing and selling their future vehicles), while Ford does the same so far 'without' offering a concept of new product in their ad.

And did Ford really say that the public will be a 'fool' to believe what their competition is saying about their future vehicles?? Seriously??

While at the same time they were clear to mention ..."Building Cars, New Technologies and Transforming Cities"....and nothing about trucks, vans and SUVs, but showing images of building F-150 and a Mustang in motion.

What this ad represents is that Ford knows they have a big perception problem with consumers, and that is that consumers know the future is electric, and Ford has nothing to show and is getting left behind. Especially with younger drivers under 40. Which means Ford and Lincoln will be targeting the same age demographic. 40+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
Was the Bronco you saw a mockup with no engine/drivetrain or was it an actual pre-production unit?

I do hope they make the New Bronco global like the Mustang. I think it can coexist with the more mainstream 5/7-seater Everest sold in Asia-Pacific markets.
What I saw was a rendering.
It is exactly what I was hoping for.
AM222 likes this.
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
I thought it was ironic that Ford built an ad talking about how the 'other' manufacturers talked about what they are building for the future(forgetting to mention the 'other' guys have concepts and some are already producing and selling their future vehicles), while Ford does the same so far 'without' offering a concept of new product in their ad.

And did Ford really say that the public will be a 'fool' to believe what their competition is saying about their future vehicles?? Seriously??

While at the same time they were clear to mention ..."Building Cars, New Technologies and Transforming Cities"....and nothing about trucks, vans and SUVs, but showing images of building F-150 and a Mustang in motion.

What this ad represents is that Ford knows they have a big perception problem with consumers, and that is that consumers know the future is electric, and Ford has nothing to show and is getting left behind. Especially with younger drivers under 40. Which means Ford and Lincoln will be targeting the same age demographic. 40+

Perhaps, but what Ford will never be guilty of, is showing some product many years before it arrives, if it arrives at all. Thinking of you Tesla.

post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 04:30 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
What I saw was a rendering.
It is exactly what I was hoping for.
I see. Let's hope whatever good design you saw makes it to the dealership floor soon.
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 04:51 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Lyons View Post
I think they are confusing the 4 door "mustang inspired" "crossover" that is the Mach1 with a future 4 door mustang. I don't believe that to be in the cards. By the way, this is the Mach1. I added some light to the photo.

Mach I??

No that's clearly the new Pinto Pony

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 06:36 PM
Focus RS WRC

This ad really is just more "talk;" exactly the kind of talk the ad puts down. True, you'd be a fool to listen to "talk." Trust us, something's coming.

Oh ... but if you need something now ... we don't have it. Go to another brand and come back when we do. OK?

Well, the sneak peek looks promising. Most likely the Mach1, I guess. With all the speculation again about a 4-door Mustang, where does that leave poor Lincoln in the excitement sweepstakes? The answer is nowhere; just wait for more Ford hand-me-downs ... I mean, ups ... for the Boomers.
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyphics View Post
This ad really is just more "talk;" exactly the kind of talk the ad puts down. True, you'd be a fool to listen to "talk." Trust us, something's coming.

Oh ... but if you need something now ... we don't have it. Go to another brand and come back when we do. OK?

Well, the sneak peek looks promising. Most likely the Mach1, I guess. With all the speculation again about a 4-door Mustang, where does that leave poor Lincoln in the excitement sweepstakes? The answer is nowhere; just wait for more Ford hand-me-downs ... I mean, ups ... for the Boomers.
What exactly is Ford missing right now that is keeping them from significantly more sales?
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 08:08 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
What exactly is Ford missing right now that is keeping them from significantly more sales?
Ask the angry dealers who just met with Ford brass.
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyphics View Post
Ask the angry dealers who just met with Ford brass.
I am asking you, and you don't appear to have an answer.
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 10:57 PM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Perhaps, but what Ford will never be guilty of, is showing some product many years before it arrives, if it arrives at all. Thinking of you Tesla.
Grand C-Max, and it all depends on what you call 'many' because it takes Ford about 3 years to get a concept into dealer lots. Showing concepts and pre-production models early on with MUCH DETAIL is what generates pre orders, banking sales of the model before production starts. Along with generating interest and excitement about the brand.

BTW...that Mustang front end shot buried in the ad is not planned to be in production until 2021. It's 2018 now.

Tesla still has over 400k preorders for the Model 3, over 1200 pre-orders for the Semi, and New Roadster has been building preorders since late last year.

The key is build a product advanced enough that consumers 'want' it enough to wait for it, because no one else can offer anything like it even years out. Ford, unfortunately is planning to offer more of the same ICE technology in small, med and large size. Or old school PHEV tech that's already been surpassed by BEVs.

ZERO excitement. Everybody has been there, done that and is moving on.

I still think years ago, Ford should have transitioned Lincoln into a luxury EV brand, invested in a sled/platform/drivetrain, partnered with Tesla to share SuperChargers, invested in the GigaFactory and already launched the Continental EV...the ultimate in power and quiet luxury, along with a MKZ sedan/fast back replacement competing with Model 3 and taking sales from ICE 3-series and c-class.

But instead Ford is trying to figure out how to get what they need from much larger global sales leader....... VW, while not getting eaten alive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page