2019 Chicago Auto Show - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community
 40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 08:04 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Re: 2019 Chicago Auto Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseodiaga4 View Post
...a little disappointing in that they have done little to respond to the Ram. Interior is no doubt worlds better than the GM debacle, but trails the Ram fairly significantly. 10spd is awesome. The grille does look loads better. The 7.3 sounds great and no doubt makes a ton of sense for a large number of HD buyers (takes a lot of towing, hauling, or miles to make up for $10k). They're lucky the GM refreshes were such utter failures that they make pick up some GM buyers, but it appears the Ram train will keeping picking up steam until the next cycle, which I expect will put Ford back on top in terms of interiors.
70 Stang likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 08:56 AM
Ford Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseodiaga4 View Post
WOW! Very nicely done. It is large and in charge, but actually quite handsome. They should sell a ton of them...considering each probably weighs 3 tons, a bunch more than that.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #23 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Ford Mondeo

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...a little disappointing in that they have done little to respond to the Ram. Interior is no doubt worlds better than the GM debacle, but trails the Ram fairly significantly. 10spd is awesome. The grille does look loads better. The 7.3 sounds great and no doubt makes a ton of sense for a large number of HD buyers (takes a lot of towing, hauling, or miles to make up for $10k). They're lucky the GM refreshes were such utter failures that they make pick up some GM buyers, but it appears the Ram train will keeping picking up steam until the next cycle, which I expect will put Ford back on top in terms of interiors.
Ram will likely keep picking up steam, but still not catching the Super Duty. While the interior isnt as nice as the new Ram, its kind of expected. The Ram was all new for 2020 whereas the SD is just a refresh, wish usually dont come with an all new interior.

post #24 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 09:19 AM
Ford Explorer

I wish I had a need for this truck to justify it. I would prefer the new 7.3L. Ford did not wimp out and make this engine light and agile for limited volume sports cars....it made it tough and heavy duty. Ford knows it's customers well, designing a specific engine for a specific purpose - it's bread and butter product.

.....and Ram interior is newer, not better.

post #25 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Ford Falcon

Sadly no power figures for the new 7.3-liter pushrod V8.

F250

- https://www.motor1.com/news/303939/2...duty-unveiled/

Last edited by AM222; 02-05-2019 at 09:52 AM.
post #26 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 10:24 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
I'm not surprised the interior didn't change at all. F-150's didn't either for its refresh, and since they share an interior (aside from a few bits), it makes sense there wasn't much change. Also, it seems to be Ford's MO lately - doing little to nothing on the interior for refreshes.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #27 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 11:12 AM
Ford Ka

Some engine info: https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...vy-trucks.html
wingsnut likes this.
post #28 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 12:09 PM
Ford Explorer

So no direct injection, that could let GMs new 6.6 keep up with this larger engine. Still, I love that Ford has once again embraced OHV engines whick make so much sense in a truck!
post #29 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Ford Mondeo

Garage

This new 7.3 sounds like it would be perfect for something like a Ford competitor to the Power Wagon.
post #30 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 12:19 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
So no direct injection, that could let GMs new 6.6 keep up with this larger engine. Still, I love that Ford has once again embraced OHV engines whick make so much sense in a truck!
They designed it for a near perfect stoic burn. Great combustion system overall ( I even had a hand in it ). But adding the cost and noise and DI at the optimized speeds (low lug limits as well) would have offered almost zero added benefit.
ZanatWork and SP1966 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page