What would you do if you were in charge? - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 04:24 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: What would you do if you were in charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
Remove overlap in the SUV range and provide a uniform approach that suits global sales. Global doesn't mean not having a bias towards one (or two) particular markets where a certain profile translates to the company's overall health. There's no reason they can't produce any of their vehicles in all markets. What is popular in the US will be popular just about everywhere so it's a low-risk decision. Mustang is proof of that. Explorer, F series and Bronco need to be RHD, is what I'm getting at. Otherwise don't call yourself global. .

The taste of americans are very different from the taste of european customers. Not because is "good" for NorthAmerica this will be good for the rest of the markets too. That is completly wrong. The taste of North America have more in common with China than with the rest of the markets...

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 05:49 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Quote:
Remove overlap in the SUV range and provide a uniform approach that suits global sales. Global doesn't mean not having a bias towards one (or two) particular markets where a certain profile translates to the company's overall health. There's no reason they can't produce any of their vehicles in all markets. What is popular in the US will be popular just about everywhere so it's a low-risk decision. Mustang is proof of that. Explorer, F series and Bronco need to be RHD, is what I'm getting at. Otherwise don't call yourself global. .

The taste of americans are very different from the taste of european customers. Not because is "good" for NorthAmerica this will be good for the rest of the markets too. That is completly wrong. The taste of North America have more in common with China than with the rest of the markets...
Yeah well I'm in Australia.
I'm mainly referring to the aspirational models - those that attract huge margins or niches built in lower volumes. I just don't her Ford's mentality. That strategy worked for well with Mustang - and it needed it to - so what's holding them back with other models?
The Explorer is going to Europe, but no RHD!?
The Bronco is an icon and NO global plans?!
I sometimes feel the decision makers at Ford have no clue how iconic some of their products are and how well they'd be accepted globally at premium pricing. Stereotypical American mentally is how I sometimes see it.
falcon lover likes this.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 10:51 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Bronco needs a V8. Considering it's platform is shared with the next F series the V8 will fit.

I know, I know, I sound like a meat-head, but, if you want to tug at the heart strings of consumers (buying expensive cars in an emotive thing after all) you need to give them something that doesn't share it's engine with a hatch back.

Too expensive? It'll still be much cheaper than a G Series.
Bronco isn't sharing a platform with F-series...
70 Stang likes this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 12:52 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Ford:
I'd ditch the EcoSport for the new Puma
Rumors are suggestion a Bronco pickup like the first gen had make sure that debuts too
I'd keep the Focus and Fusion in production but give them good meaningful updates and add Wagon Activ models to them both.
I know a hybrid Mustang is coming but also explore an EV Mustang and AWD.
Explore a proper Flex replacement or next generation model - I think this is a model worth looking into it's popular in California and a new hybrid powertrain may help sales

For Lincoln:

New Continental with coach door option on CD6 and add plugin hybrid model like Aviator and explore full on EV model
New MKZ replacement not sure on name since Zephyr isn't really that good of a name also on CD6 but shorter than Continental with plugin hybrid model and potential EV model
New Mark IX coupe based on CD6 EV only show off very sleek design future of Lincoln brand.
Expand on Lincoln service it's still lacking from my experience compared to others. It's better than it was but they still have more they need to do. Remove the 100 deductible on CPOs as well Jaguar, Lexus, and others have no deductible on warranty claims

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 08:55 AM
Ford Flex

CUV/SUV
Keep EcoSport, but give it Bronco looks for the next gen
Add Puma for mini city CUV
Keep Escape as small city CUV
Make an extended version to Escape to replace Edge, and add a 4 door coupe version.
Bronco Scout for offroad small CUV
Ranger styled SUV for entry mid-sized
Bronco SUV for premium mid-sized
Redesign Explorer front end
F-Series based offroad SUV using supercab and short bed.
Expedition

Cars
Capri coupe (smaller and lighter than Mustang)
Mustang
Thunderbird on stretched Mustang
Fusion Wagon base and offroad version
falcon lover likes this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 05:49 PM
Ford Kuga

Fire HACKett immediately, and reassign anyone even tied to the absolutely idiotic mobility division. 2nd thing would be to stop chasing Tesla down the road of electrification, and autonomy profit be damned.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 08:08 PM
Ford Explorer

LOL, yeah, lots of day drinking me thinks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 08:18 PM
Ford Ka

Continue development of Courier and bring it to the American market. Bring updated European Focus to market, Mondeo/Fusion Estate; replace Ecosport with Puma; I think Genesis is showing there is a market for a quality sedan in the US Market (rear wheel drive).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page