Ford -vs- Ferarri - Ford Inside News Community
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By wingsnut
  • 2 Post By AM222

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Ford -vs- Ferarri

Chime in if you saw it and your opinions.

IMO, it was quite entertaining and gets a 4 / 5 stars. All performances were good, and Bale did a great job with Ken Miles character, although I have no idea how close it was to the actual man. I know Bale immerses himself in every role, so I suspect he did not just mail that performance in. Damon kind of annoyed me as Shelby, as he did not look or talk like him, but he did enterain. And all I kept thinking of was him in prior roles. He never sold me on the character.

The story, well we all know as fans, although my wife did not and was also entertained, and people who were there say that it is about 60% holly-wood-ized and 40% factual. Which makes sense, as much of this subject matter is no doubt drab for most audiences.

The racing itself as well as the cars used, was the real star for me. They did a commendable job projecting a sense of speed as well as a sense of the dangers due to questionable brakes in that period. If you search Shelby goes Racing on YouTube, there is a documentary from that era. It's cheesy, but still entertaining as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Re: Ford -vs- Ferarri

I spelled Ferrari wrong.
Mods, can you please fix.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Big weekend for Ford, with this movie and the Mach E tonight.

So while watching the movie I was reminded that with the right amount of talent, effort and of course funding.....any goal can be achieved. It really was incredible what Ford accomplished and how their image was instantly changed, against a well established marque like Ferrari and their legacy. It was also the start of Ford's globalization, in fact. So then how big of a hurdle is it really for Ford to really bring it with their BEV plans. We have only partially seen 1 of 16 products they are rolling out, and Lincoln will have their moment as well. So when someone mentions what a huge lead a start-up electric car company has over Ford, I think we should all remind ourselves of far greater challenges they overcame.

Anyway, looking forward to the reveal.
pffan1990 and hbmf3 like this.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 05:58 AM
Ford Falcon

Watched it, I enjoyed the movie.

Majority of the racing seen in the movie was done with real cars/ replica cars.

-blog.consumerguide.com

-Motor1

Even the accidents in the racing scenes were actual replicas being crashed or light-weight replicas being launched into the air.

I had one question though.... where did they get all those 1st gen Ford Falcons used in the Ford factory scene. Some assembled, many half assembled...

-ew.com
ZanatWork and Andrew L like this.

Last edited by AM222; 11-20-2019 at 06:02 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 09:31 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Haven't seen it yet but plan to soon. Heard a lot of good things about it so far though.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 09:11 AM
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via MSN to ZanatWork

Saw it last weekend, really enjoyed most of it. Matt Damon was not my pick to play Shelby, but he was fairly convincing pretty quickly.

The one glaring error I saw (fixating on the cars, as usual) was a blue Cobra Daytona coupe in several shots that obviously had newer/bigger Halibrand wheels. It was the only car not showing period-correct sidewalls.

If GM can justify Buick, and if Honda can justify Acura, we can damned well have Mercury back.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 11:43 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanatWork View Post
Saw it last weekend, really enjoyed most of it. Matt Damon was not my pick to play Shelby, but he was fairly convincing pretty quickly.

The one glaring error I saw (fixating on the cars, as usual) was a blue Cobra Daytona coupe in several shots that obviously had newer/bigger Halibrand wheels. It was the only car not showing period-correct sidewalls.
Saw that too.

The Porsche 356 Speedster (replica) seen in the earlier races had newer 4-lug VW hubs/wheels instead of the widely-spaced 5-lug wheels. But I didn't mind these details too much, the actual racing scenes looked great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page