LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT
Ford #1 in Polk Automotive Loyalty Awards

Ford Takes Top Honors in Polk Automotive Loyalty Awards
Several Repeat Winners in 15th Annual Event
Polk Alert E-Mail

SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Jan. 12, 2011 -- Ford Motor Company took top honors in the 15th annual Polk Automotive Loyalty Awards, presented last night at the Automotive News World Congress in Detroit. Ford received awards in several categories, including: Overall Loyalty to Manufacturer; Overall Loyalty to Make; Ethnic Market Make African-American; and Mid/Full-Size Pickup for its F-Series truck lineup, a repeat winner in the category. This year marks the first time Ford has won the Overall Loyalty to Manufacturer category since 1999.

Polk's Automotive Loyalty Awards are presented to OEMs that demonstrate a manufacturer's ability to retain owners over repeat buying cycles. "The 2010 awards are based on an analysis of 4.9 million return to market events during the 2010 model year," said Brad Smith, director of Polk's loyalty management practice. The model year runs from Oct. 1, 2009 through Sept. 30, 2010.

Loyalty is determined when a household that owns a new vehicle returns to market and purchases or leases another new vehicle of the same model or make. Polk tracks owner loyalty throughout the year and its Loyalty Management Practice regularly works with customers to effectively manage owner loyalty through the in-depth analysis of automotive shopping behaviors, related market influencers and development of retention strategies.

"At Ford, we strive to create a diverse portfolio from small cars to trucks that fit every customer's needs," said Ken Czubay, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. "We're honored Polk is recognizing Ford, as winners in both the manufacturer and make overall loyalty categories, as it's further proof that we're continuing to deliver the fuel-efficient, high quality products customers are looking for."

This year's awards also honored several OEMs with additional repeat winners across a variety of categories. "It's clear that the OEMs are paying attention to the importance of owner loyalty in this economy," said Stephen Polk, chairman, president and CEO of Polk. "We've seen many programs put into place to help them keep customers coming back and it's paying off for them."

Even though industry volumes have been down the past few years, loyalty rates have increased. "Our research has shown that an OEM's core owner base is very loyal and represents a significant percentage of new vehicle sales during tough economic times," said Smith. "In addition, with an overall increase in loyalty to Asian brands, Ford winning top manufacturer honors is a testament to their success in the U.S. marketplace," he continued.

This year, the awards program had several repeat winners. A complete list of those honored during the program is as follows:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 04:49 AM
Ford Explorer

Re: Ford #1 in Polk Automotive Loyalty Awards

What's that I see, not ONE single GM award.

shoo-shoo
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT

. . . and not one single comment until you showed up . . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Ford Focus

Nice. My next car is a Ford. I hope it is good enough to keep me!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

no suprise on the F-Series there!

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

No coments. Is evident that they are many Ford loyalties in this forum. Never i considered another car company to purchase a vehicle.

I'm a Ford fan. A very happy Ford fan. This are good news for me

Tags
automotive, awards, ford, loyalty, polk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page