Ford Study: Gas Mileage Number One Criteria For New Car Buyers - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Focus RS WRC

Ford Study: Gas Mileage Number One Criteria For New Car Buyers

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/...new-car-buyers

Once upon a time, car-buyers looked for new cars based on the size of the trunk, the appointment of the interior and how comfortable the seats were. Gas mileage, while an influencing factor, was way down the list.

That’s changed, according to a Ford-sponsored study into the car-buying decisions of Miami residents.

According to Ford’s study, 32 percent of consumers questioned said they would consider purchasing or leasing a smaller car as their primary vehicle in order to get better gas mileage and fuel efficiency.

In addition, 58 percent of all residents questioned in the survey said they were interested in purchasing a hybrid or electric vehicle once gasoline reached the $5 per gallon mark.

Perhaps more shocking however, is the number of respondents in the survey -- more than half -- who did not know the difference between a hybrid, plug-in hybrid or pure electric vehicle.

Ford’s study helps to reiterate the results of a recent national survey by Maritz Research, which concluded that fuel economy has become the number one purchase consideration for buyers of sub-compact and compact cars during 2011, no doubt driven by increasing gas prices and shrinking disposable income.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 04:30 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: Ford Study: Gas Mileage Number One Criteria For New Car Buyers

I don't trust this kind of data
imho many people are much more driven by impulse
whether it's the color of "one on the lot"
or one aspect/feature that just 'stands out' on a testdrive

when buying my one brand-new car,
I went to the dealer for their smallest model (near-B-class) and stepped-up to their C-segment model
- for power (adequate instead of lame)
- room (I can sit-behind-myself)
- variant (didn't even KNOW it came in a 5-door)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Ford Sport Ka

Re: Ford Study: Gas Mileage Number One Criteria For New Car Buyers

Due to increase in the petrol prices, peoples minds are diverted now a days towards gas vehicles. Small cars give better mileage for gas and thus is preferred by most of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
buyers, car, criteria, ford, gas, mileage, number, study

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page