China - Rising income, growing families drive buyers to big people haulers, SUVs - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 02:37 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: China - Rising income, growing families drive buyers to big people haulers, SUVs

^ & I'm so glad I love to harp on things...
+

imho
whatever happens will be largely to straighten out what was a VERY messed-up D3/4 situation factory-wise

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 08:06 AM
Ford Explorer

Re: China - Rising income, growing families drive buyers to big people haulers, SUVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
There is something happening with 2015 Flex production.

The MY2014 had production start date of May 2013. It is now May 2014, 12 months in, and no MY2015 production date set. My Ford contact stated the MY2014 Flex will be a carryover for MY2015. If that's the case production should begin this month with color changes and minor trim level updates.

It could also be that Ford may be pushing the Flex production date back to 4th quarter, like the other large SUV siblings(Expedition/Navigator).
No more orders are being taken for Flex.
Flex is done.

I will miss what is one of the best family vehicles ever made from Ford.

And to those who hated it, I say to you, bite me!!! At least until you actually freaking drive one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

Just confirmed with my contact with Ford Utility Vehicle Communications.

The Flex is not going anywhere. "Flex is selling well and will continue to be an important part of our utility lineup - small, medium and large."

Flex sales are up over 7% for 2014 and steadily gaining market share in the all important California market.

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 04:55 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

I can easily see the Flex (or reasonable equivalent) going either way - tho with China 'driving' the industry, I lean towards a replacement
BUT
"an important part of our utility lineup"
sure sounds an AWFUL lot like Mr. M's comments about Mercury just days before the Hiatus Announcement, summer 2010

&
Bloggin, is this source a recent acquisition???

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
Bloggin, is this source a recent acquisition???
....no so new but reliable.as the info is coming directly from Ford!
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

Update:

2015 Flex and MKT Production Dates!

Order Banks Open: 15 Sep 2014

Start of Production: 17 Nov 2014

Also confirmed that the Ford Flex is NOT imported to China currently.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 08:34 PM
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via MSN to ZanatWork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
Update:

2015 Flex and MKT Production Dates!

Order Banks Open: 15 Sep 2014

Start of Production: 17 Nov 2014

Also confirmed that the Ford Flex is NOT imported to China currently.
GREAT news, I don't want it to go! 90% of SUV/CUV drivers never get near dirt, so they'd do better in something like the Flex...or the Focus Wagon, is is miles more attractive than the languishing C-Max.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 12:34 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseodiaga4 View Post
time to sell the Navigator there!!
Yeah, with the news that Lincoln is going to focus on China instead of Europe (good idea, in my opinion) - they should get the Navigator there right away... You know the Escalade is going to start popping up there.

2014 BMW X5, 2010 Weistec/Renntech E63 AMG (800hp on 93 octane), 1999 Mazda 626 (visitor beater)
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
Yeah, with the news that Lincoln is going to focus on China instead of Europe (good idea, in my opinion) - they should get the Navigator there right away... You know the Escalade is going to start popping up there.
I think Lincoln is going to China with it's newest and best. MKZ, MKC, MKX, 'large sedan', then new Navigator when launched. No recycling that will tarnish the Lincoln image for the new huge Chinese market.

But the Ford brand can send current generation models like the Flex and Expedition to expand the lineup and continue to gain market share.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 02:32 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post

Yes, it would make sense, but only for the next Navi which could be designed globally (emissions, RHD, etc.)
And there is an MKT replacement coming too, so that could another option.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
big, buyers, china, drive, families, growing, haulers, income, rising, suvs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page