ALL-NEW FORD F-150 WINS KELLEY BLUE BOOK’S KBB.COM BEST BUY AWARDS
OVERALL BEST BUY AND TRUCK BEST BUY!
- Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com, The Trusted Resource® for car buyers, named the all-new 2015 Ford F-150 Overall Best Buy and Truck Best Buy in its inaugural Best Buy awards
- All-new Ford F-150 – the toughest, smartest, most capable F-150 ever – beat out all other manufacturers’ 2015 trucks now on sale
- F-150 can tow up to 1,100 more pounds and haul up to 530 more pounds; 2015 model’s fuel economy ratings projected to be at least 5 percent and up to 20 percent higher than current lineup (EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings will be announced later this month)
The all-new 2015 Ford F-150
is the big winner of Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com Best Buy awards – earning both Overall Best Buy and Truck Best Buy prizes.
Kelley Blue Book’s Best Buy
awards is an all-new, premier awards program designed to provide a significant service to American new-car buyers by identifying the cream of the crop of all available vehicles for a specific model year.
“These awards from Kelley Blue Book reflect our continuing commitment to truck leadership and building the best trucks for our customers,” said Joe Hinrichs, Ford president, The Americas. “The all-new F-150 sets new standards in durability, capability, technology and efficiency, and I’m proud our new truck has been recognized by the automotive experts at KBB.”
The all-new Ford F-150 is the toughest, smartest, most capable F-150 ever. F-150 can tow up to 1,100 more pounds and haul up to 530 more pounds, and will have fuel economy projected to be at least 5 percent and up to 20 percent higher than the current lineup. (EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings will be announced later this month.)
“The 2015 Ford F-150 is a revolutionary vehicle in a segment in which even evolutionary change is viewed with skepticism,” said Jack R. Nerad, executive editor, Kelley Blue Book. “The bold decision to lighten the vehicle’s structure radically was not just of value in itself, but also was the key enabler to an innovative line of powertrains that will result in significantly better capability than the prior F-150. What so impressed us at Kelley Blue Book was the fact that the new technologies incorporated into the 2015 F-150 all offer obvious and substantial consumer benefits. We believe that is the key reason the new F-150 will cement its place as the No. 1 vehicle in its segment.”
The award finalists were chosen on a set of criteria intended to identify overall vehicle quality and value, based both on proprietary Kelley Blue Book metrics and the expert evaluations of the KBB.com editorial staff. The awards are the culmination of a yearlong regimen of expert vehicle evaluation and testing of nearly every new vehicle available in America, along with analysis of a broad swath of vehicle-related data, including vehicle pricing/transaction prices, five-year cost-to-own data (which includes depreciation, insurance, maintenance, financing, fuel, fees and taxes for new cars), consumer reviews and ratings, and vehicle sales information.
The 2015 Ford F-150 has won the following awards and accolades:
- Kelley Blue Book Best Buy – Truck
- Kelley Blue Book Best Buy – Overall
- Popular Science Automotive Grand Award Winner – Best of What’s New
- Texas Auto Writers Association Truck of Texas
- Texas Auto Writers Association Luxury Pickup Truck
- Texas Auto Writers Association Full-Size Pickup Truck
- Texas Auto Writers Association Best Technology Feature – high-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloy
- New England Motor Press Association – Yankee Cup