ZeroTo60 Mustang GTT - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 11:45 PM
Ford Falcon

Re: ZeroTo60 Mustang GTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
If by "next generation" you mean the next generation of Mustang buyers then maybe. There is zero chance that S650 has any of that and virtually no chance S750 will either.
Ford has already said they'll be making a hybrid Mustang.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
If by "next generation" you mean the next generation of Mustang buyers then maybe. There is zero chance that S650 has any of that and virtually no chance S750 will either.
Well, the next gen will be a hybrid set for 2020. However, Ford has not stated what 'hybrid' actually means for Mustang. Ford will have hybrid AWD by then for F-150 and hopefully Escape and other midsize and compact vehicles. So a lightweight e-AWD system is not too far fetched.

Executives expect the pony car's performance figures will improve, thanks to more low-end torque enabled by an electric motor.

"That will be the way we use that technology for this car. It will be a fun-to-drive, performance-oriented car. It's not meant to be a hyper-miler car; Mustang is all about having fun while you drive."

http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...or-a-hybrid%3F
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 12:25 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
Well, the next gen will be a hybrid set for 2020. However, Ford has not stated what 'hybrid' actually means for Mustang. Ford will have hybrid AWD by then for F-150 and hopefully Escape and other midsize and compact vehicles. So a lightweight e-AWD system is not too far fetched.

Executives expect the pony car's performance figures will improve, thanks to more low-end torque enabled by an electric motor.

"That will be the way we use that technology for this car. It will be a fun-to-drive, performance-oriented car. It's not meant to be a hyper-miler car; Mustang is all about having fun while you drive."

http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...or-a-hybrid%3F
No such thing as lightweight electric. Without the addition of some major, and majorly expensive lightweighting you'll just end up with an overweight pig that's only good in straight lines. I could see some electrification for a Lincoln version of S650 where their ability to price it well covers the cost.
2b2 and Bloggin like this.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 06:22 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
No such thing as lightweight electric. Without the addition of some major, and majorly expensive lightweighting you'll just end up with an overweight pig that's only good in straight lines. I could see some electrification for a Lincoln version of S650 where their ability to price it well covers the cost.
With the right tires and targeted engineering, a heavy car can handle quite well. A new 7-series BMW weighs well over 4,600 lbs. A Lincoln doesn't have to thrash Nurburgring to be fun to drive.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 06:35 AM
Focus RS WRC

One minute, it "does look good" ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
It does look good, but no way in **** should Ford pay out for this design. They can do better.
... Next minute, it's an "abomination."

Quote:
They have. It's called the new GT500. Just saw it uncovered recently. Looks better than the GT350, which looks better than this abomination.
Quote:
And for the record, a Mustang needs to look like a Mustang, not a GT. Otherwise, the faithfull will protest.
I agree but, IMO, the only thing that breaks the Mustang DNA code is the taillight treatment. I agree with your first impression.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 07:26 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyphics View Post
One minute, it "does look good" ...

... Next minute, it's an "abomination."

I agree but, IMO, the only thing that breaks the Mustang DNA code is the taillight treatment. I agree with your first impression.
On it's own it does look good.
But relative to the Shelby I compared it to when I stated it looks like an Abomination, I stand by my remark.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page