Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Money made every second of the day,

Toyota (TM) makes $563.92 (£430.10)
Ford (F) makes $227.05
Volkswagen (VOW.DE) makes $119.73
Renault (RNL.F) makes $138.04
Ferrari (RACE) makes $28.10

...and Tesla how much money does it burn every second of the day? 98,20$ , in the first 6 months of 2018
...that is irrelevant. All those companies are established players without the need for massive capex. Tesla by every measure is beyond comparison in terms of growth in the sector. GM has spent billions on Caddy with little to show for it. The Model 3 alone outsells their entire sedan lineup by a large margin. As the saying goes, it's not hard to sell $100 bills for $50, but that isn't happening. The Model 3 is likely double-digit margin positive for Q3 and moving rapidly towards the 20%+ they are aiming for. In 2 more years, about the time the other legacy manus are just beginning to roll out volume, Tesla will be months away from opening Giga 3 in China (which they aren't forced to share ownership of), have the Model Y ready for production, the Roadster will start production, and the Semi will be in production...all before Ford gets its first EV into mass production. Tesla is not to be so easily dismissed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 190 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 09:54 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: Ford lineup to change, but how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...that is irrelevant. All those companies are established players without the need for massive capex. Tesla by every measure is beyond comparison in terms of growth in the sector. GM has spent billions on Caddy with little to show for it. The Model 3 alone outsells their entire sedan lineup by a large margin. As the saying goes, it's not hard to sell $100 bills for $50, but that isn't happening. The Model 3 is likely double-digit margin positive for Q3 and moving rapidly towards the 20%+ they are aiming for. In 2 more years, about the time the other legacy manus are just beginning to roll out volume, Tesla will be months away from opening Giga 3 in China (which they aren't forced to share ownership of), have the Model Y ready for production, the Roadster will start production, and the Semi will be in production...all before Ford gets its first EV into mass production. Tesla is not to be so easily dismissed.

... of course, it's so irrelevant that people on Wall Street and insiders in the automotive industry predict that Tesla will not survive 2019.
ehaase likes this.

post #183 of 190 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 08:50 PM
News Guru

Official Ford Sticker Confirms 2.3L EcoBoost Engine For 2019 Focus ST

The only possible suspect has to be the 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine, which is offered in various states of tune in a number of Ford vehicles including the Mustang EcoBoost and Focus RS. Thatís good news for fans of hot Focus hatchbacks because the increase in displacement will most likely result in a power boost as well.

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/09/of...oboost-engine/

post #184 of 190 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 09:26 PM
Ford Explorer

I would buy a Focus ST tomorrow, if they offered it with the 2.3L and 8 speed auto and paddle shifter.
post #185 of 190 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 09:29 PM
Ford Explorer

After spending over an hour at a Jeep dealership recently, I realized just why Jeep sales are so high. Exciting products. I was there because my daughter "has to have a Jeep." This is also why I am so glad Ford is going hard after Jeep. The Bronco will be a huge hit, there is no bones about that. The small Bronco will also surprise everyone, and even the new Escape is long overdue. Add to that a Ranger Raptor, Edge ST and new Explorer ST, and the Ford showroom will finally excite many, including the 20-somethings.
ehaase likes this.

Last edited by wingsnut; 09-18-2018 at 09:31 PM.
post #186 of 190 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 10:32 PM
Ford Kuga

The encouraging thing about Ford is that it recognizes a need to add more personality and customization to their vehicles. It's also why the car died because it turned into a boring rental commodity and Ford couldn't change that customer's habits. Jeep and Subaru leveraged it's unique brand assets which I'm glad Ford seems to recognize and is responding to. There is a tremendous amount of untapped potential there, most brands don't have a Bronco in the cards.

Ford also seems to understand that Mustang will be their Car identity which makes it somewhat clever that they merging that together with their performance EVs. Once all the cars are gone, Mustang leads the way.

Last edited by Assimilator; 09-18-2018 at 10:40 PM.
post #187 of 190 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 04:08 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
I would buy a Focus ST tomorrow, if they offered it with the 2.3L and 8 speed auto and paddle shifter.

Not so fast. The new Focus ST only for Europe. And no, not 8 speed auto for the ST in Europe.

Why Ford is so stupid taken some decisions?
joseodiaga4 likes this.

post #188 of 190 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 04:52 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post

Tesla burning money and its CEO speaking too much... bad combination :

DOJ launches fraud investigation over Elon Musk's tweets

'Musk said 'funding secured,' which is not a prediction, but a statement'

http://https://www.autoblog.com/2018...n-musk-tweets/

Elon Musk is sued for calling Thai cave rescuer a pedophile

'Musk's influence and wealth cannot ... protect him from accountability'

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/09/17/...phile-lawsuit/

I will not comment ... the headlines say it all
ehaase likes this.

post #189 of 190 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 04:15 PM
Ford Mondeo

Garage

Here is a nice crap article from Car & Driver. https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...BCAD#backfires
post #190 of 190 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 02:19 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Money made every second of the day,

Toyota (TM) makes $563.92 (£430.10)
Ford (F) makes $227.05
Volkswagen (VOW.DE) makes $119.73
Renault (RNL.F) makes $138.04
Ferrari (RACE) makes $28.10
If my calcs are right that figure would increase by 9% once sedans are gone, and potentially increase again once extra focus is directed to the more profitable SUVs. Ford is all about affordable motoring so I'm hoping their take on BEVs will mean they're a lot easier accessible than their competitors. As I understand it, that is their aim; they have tech to rival whoever, but they're waiting for the tech that makes it affordable.

I still maintain that if the design is right, and the products are aspirational (as you mentioned) then, yes, the only way is up. I've bagged Hackett in the past, but now, in fairness, I should give him credit for tearing up the mundanely designed initial "Mach1" for something with much more flair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page