Ford developing a small car (B563) for India & emerging markets - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community
 42Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 02:21 AM
Ford Falcon
 
AM222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2,629
Re: Ford developing a small car (B563) for India & emerging markets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
fwiw Link

just got a feeling there's more to this (& coming OUT of this) than Fomoco is admitting to
True, and in Autocar India's article they mentioned it's for India and emerging markets.

Ford will definitely have to sell this car in other markets that need a sub-compact but won't see the new 2018 Fiesta.

I'm curious what name it will carry, will Ford come up with a new name or resurrect another old name? Hmmm...

Other articles mentioned there are three B563 prototypes (in heavy camo) already, I have a feeling it will launch earlier than 2020.

Last edited by AM222; 08-06-2017 at 02:46 AM.
AM222 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557
 
2b2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: N NW of Atlantis (Reno)
Posts: 22,734
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Ford developing a small car (B563) for India & emerging markets

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
True, and in Autocar India's article they mentioned it's for India and emerging markets.

Ford will definitely have to sell this car in other markets that need a sub-compact but won't see the new 2018 Fiesta.

I'm curious what name it will carry, will Ford come up with a new name or resurrect another old name? Hmmm...


Other articles mentioned there are three B563 prototypes (in heavy camo) already, I have a feeling it will launch earlier than 2020.
umm... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Festiva? for ONE of them?

.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2b2 is offline  
post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 03:01 PM
Ford Falcon
 
AM222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2,629
Re: Ford developing a small car (B563) for India & emerging markets

Info from someone in the team-bhp forums...
Quote:
A reliable Ford birdie shares this info:-

Three test mules of this premium B563 hatchback are now doing the rounds inside and around Ford's Sanand plant, heavily camouflaged. They haven't ventured out into open roads/highways yet.


--------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
umm... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Festiva? for ONE of them?
I like the "Lynx" name.
Americans probably associate the name with Mercury (Lynx was the Mercury version of the 1980s Escort) but Ford also re-used it on their Mazda 323/Protege-based models in some Asian markets.


Last edited by AM222; 08-06-2017 at 03:16 PM.
AM222 is online now  
 
post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 12:56 PM
Ford Falcon
 
AM222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2,629
Re: Ford developing a small car (B563) for India & emerging markets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
Could it be equivalent to the Last C170Focus in the U.S??
& what the non-Yurp-world (incldg CHINA!) gets could be better???
The B563 will most likely be more practical (and priced lower) than the new Fiesta but probably not better.
It looks like Ford will make a B-segment equivalent of the Chinese Escort (which is based on the Mk2 Focus platform).
I'm expecting a longer roomier B-segment car with a less swoopy roofline.
2b2 likes this.
AM222 is online now  
post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557
 
2b2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: N NW of Atlantis (Reno)
Posts: 22,734
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Ford developing a small car (B563) for India & emerging markets

also added some 'prequel posts'...

SPIED: Camouflaged Ford Figo Caught Wearing Polka Dots, is it the Figo Cross?
Motoroids
- Karan Tripathi - 9 hours ago - Images: NDTV

A hatchback which generously filled Ford’s coffers when it was first launched in India, the second-gen Ford Figo fell well short of filling in the shoes of its predecessor. Available in a 3-box Aspire and hatchback form, the Ford Figo is a highly rated and well-built vehicle which is a hoot to drive. But it has been finding it difficult to slug it out against feature packed rivals from the stables of Hyundai, Maruti and even Tata.

If this camouflaged example is any proof though, an update is on the cards and it looks like there are quite a few changes beneath all those polka dots. Although a closer look reveals that this particular Figo gets roof rails and has been underscored with black cladding which suggests that a Ford Figo Cross could be hitting showrooms in some time.

The front grille appears to be similar to the one on the hatchback but the air-intake seems to be different. Those masked headlights could be hiding DRLs or a smoked out treatment and may or may not look different than the one on the hatchback. It doesn’t appear that much will change at the back, although the split spoke alloy wheel pattern is definitely new. On the inside, the car could get much-needed updates in the form of a touchscreen infotainment system with CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility. The upholstery could also be different to go with the outdoorsy image.

On the inside, the car could get much-needed updates in the form of a touchscreen infotainment system with CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility. The upholstery could also be different to go with the outdoorsy image. Engine options will in all probability remain the same though and we expect this slightly jacked up Figo to be powered by 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines. We hope they offer an automatic option for the latter though, which will uniquely enhance its appeal.
.
Logans Run likes this.

.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2b2 is offline  
post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 02:37 AM
Ford Falcon
 
AM222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2,629
Re: Ford developing a small car (B563) for India & emerging markets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
also added some 'prequel posts'...

SPIED: Camouflaged Ford Figo Caught Wearing Polka Dots, is it the Figo Cross?
Motoroids
- Karan Tripathi - 9 hours ago - Images: NDTV

A hatchback which generously filled Ford’s coffers when it was first launched in India, the second-gen Ford Figo fell well short of filling in the shoes of its predecessor. Available in a 3-box Aspire and hatchback form, the Ford Figo is a highly rated and well-built vehicle which is a hoot to drive. But it has been finding it difficult to slug it out against feature packed rivals from the stables of Hyundai, Maruti and even Tata.

If this camouflaged example is any proof though, an update is on the cards and it looks like there are quite a few changes beneath all those polka dots. Although a closer look reveals that this particular Figo gets roof rails and has been underscored with black cladding which suggests that a Ford Figo Cross could be hitting showrooms in some time.

The front grille appears to be similar to the one on the hatchback but the air-intake seems to be different. Those masked headlights could be hiding DRLs or a smoked out treatment and may or may not look different than the one on the hatchback. It doesn’t appear that much will change at the back, although the split spoke alloy wheel pattern is definitely new. On the inside, the car could get much-needed updates in the form of a touchscreen infotainment system with CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility. The upholstery could also be different to go with the outdoorsy image.

On the inside, the car could get much-needed updates in the form of a touchscreen infotainment system with CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility. The upholstery could also be different to go with the outdoorsy image. Engine options will in all probability remain the same though and we expect this slightly jacked up Figo to be powered by 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines. We hope they offer an automatic option for the latter though, which will uniquely enhance its appeal.
.
I read that the 1.5-liter Dragon inline-3 along with a smaller 1.2-liter version could find their way into the refreshed Figo/Ka.
The "Dragon" engines are supposed to replace the remaining Sigma-based engines.

I've mentioned this before, the Figo/Ka could be a potential hit for Ford in Southeast Asia, it would be the perfect competitor for the Mirage (which is a popular A-segment car here).


The Figo/Ka obviously has the advantage being based on the Fiesta platform.

Ford just needs to ditch the current model's optional PowerShift DCT.
2b2 and Logans Run like this.

Last edited by AM222; 08-15-2017 at 09:53 AM.
AM222 is online now  
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 06:04 PM
Focus RS WRC
 
jpd80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 511
Re: Ford developing a small car (B563) for India & emerging markets

I was telling people about Dragon long before it became common public knowledge,
the 1.2 and 1.5 NA engines were designed with significant cost savings with price
senstiive markets like Asia in mind. Figo and Ka were the first two cars mentioned
when Dragon program saw light oif day but was also intended as an Ecoboost and
a broader audience.....I found it strange that no 1.2 EB Dragon was planned but
perhaps increasing power of the 1.0 liter is more efficient...
2b2 and AM222 like this.
jpd80 is offline  
post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 01:53 AM
Ford Falcon
 
AM222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2,629
Re: Ford developing a small car (B563) for India & emerging markets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
I was telling people about Dragon long before it became common public knowledge,
the 1.2 and 1.5 NA engines were designed with significant cost savings with price
senstiive markets like Asia in mind. Figo and Ka were the first two cars mentioned
when Dragon program saw light oif day but was also intended as an Ecoboost and
a broader audience.....I found it strange that no 1.2 EB Dragon was planned but
perhaps increasing power of the 1.0 liter is more efficient...
Is 2018 Fiesta ST's 3-cylinder 1.5 EcoBoost related to the Dragon engine?

PS: What I was surprised about was Ford's decision not to sell the Figo/Ka in other Asian markets.
It's odd that Ford (India) exports the Figo (as the Ka Plus) to Europe but not to nearby Asian countries.
I hope they change their minds on this and introduce it, Ford needs an affordable small car like this in Asia, specially Southeast Asia.

Last edited by AM222; 08-16-2017 at 01:57 AM.
AM222 is online now  
post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557
 
2b2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: N NW of Atlantis (Reno)
Posts: 22,734
Blog Entries: 6
Re: USA caN'T have it - probably/afaik - ASPIRE!

^pre-title _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ...adjusted^

Ford Aspire facelift spied
Ford Aspire compact sedan to benefit with exterior and interior upgrades
AND a new DRAGON petrol engine

AutoCarINDIA.com
- Akbar Merchant - 18th Aug 2017

It is widely known that Ford has begun work on mid-life facelifts for its Figo range. The Figo hatchback and the upcoming Figo Cross have been spied in India and South America already. Now, a first set of spy shots of the refreshed Figo Aspire compact sedan have surfaced from Turkey. Ford is expected to launch the updated Fiesta range in India sometime next year.

Like the test mules of the Figo facelift and the Figo Cross, the Figo Aspire compact sedan’s test mule is also heavily camouflaged to hide the updates that its exterior will get. Apart from exterior styling tweaks, the car’s interior will also get changes, especially to its dashboard in order to accommodate a touchscreen infotainment system.

Ford will also add the new 1.2-litre Dragon petrol engine in the Figo Aspire sedan which will replace the current motor. The new Dragon series of engines will first make its debut in the refreshed EcoSport that will launch in the coming months. Ford will manufacture these new engines for the Figo, Aspire and the EcoSport in India.

The Dragon range is expected to come with technology like an integrated exhaust manifold, a rocker shaft with hydrodynamic bearings, a variable oil pump and a dual-valve independent valve control. It is also believed to feature individual ignition coils for each cylinder, spark plugs centralised in the combustion chamber and hydraulic tappets with rotor arms. This full-aluminium engine is believed to be over 10 percent lighter than the current four-cylinder Sigma motor.

While the Ford Figo hatchback sold globally has more or less the same body style and dimensions, the Aspire sedan is available in two different lengths. The first is a sub-four-meter version of the car manufactured and sold in India, and a few international markets like South Africa as well. While the second variant based on the Aspire compact sedan is sold in South America and is slightly longer, with a more proportionate and larger boot.

The model spied in Turkey looks to be based on the sub-four-meter Aspire compact sedan. Ford currently does not sell this model in Turkey; however, sighting of a test mule could mean the car will make its debut in facelifted form in the Turkish market in future.

Ford is also readying an all-new hatchback and a sedan – codenamed B562 and B563 – to take on the Hyundai i20 and the Honda City. Read more on that here.

Image source >> Motor1 Turkey
cute butt ^^^^^
jpd80 likes this.

.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2b2 is offline  
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 07:11 PM
Ford Focus
 
Nitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Bloemfontein, Free State, South Africa
Posts: 124
Send a message via Skype™ to Nitro
Re: Ford developing a small car (B563) for India & emerging markets




The Figo Cross rendering
http://indianautosblog.com/2017/08/2...ndering-278679
2b2 and jpd80 like this.

Too much horse power is just enough!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nitro is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome