Alibaba, Ford to partner on car sales, wide range of projects - Ford Inside News Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By wingsnut
  • 1 Post By wingsnut

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Alibaba, Ford to partner on car sales, wide range of projects

SHANGHAI — Alibaba Group Holding has signed a deal with Ford to explore cooperation in areas such as cloud computing, connectivity and retail, which could involve selling Ford cars on Alibaba's online retail platform Tmall.

Alibaba in a statement on Thursday said digital marketing-focused Alimama and operating system firm AliOS would be among subsidiaries working with Ford under the three-year agreement.

One avenue under consideration is the sale of Ford cars on Tmall, an Alibaba spokeswoman said. Reuters on Wednesday reported that Ford was planning to sign such a deal as it overhauls its China strategy to stimulate growth.

"The agreement aims to explore new ways to redefine how consumers purchase and own vehicles, as well as how to leverage digital channels to identify new retail opportunities," Alibaba said in its statement.

More at link below,

Link to Autoblog article
2b2 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Re: Alibaba, Ford to partner on car sales, wide range of projects

Cross referenced article,

Ford has put a lot of focus on China’s electric vehicle market — with a local joint venture expected to lead to 15 electric or hybrid models on sale in the country by 2025 — and today the automotive giant announced a tie-in with Alibaba to fulfill its ambitious goals.

The scope of alliance is fairly broad and vague at this point, but a large chunk of the”strategic collaboration” appears to be based around developing a direct sales channel to reach consumers in China.

Alibaba is the country’s largest e-commerce firm that’s best known for its Taobao marketplace and T-Mall service for brands. The alliance could see Ford utilize T-Mall to sell cars to consumers — the company has sold items like cargo jets via Taobao before — but there could be room for collaboration within Alibaba’s ‘Next Retail’ strategy that unites online and offline commerce.

More below,

Link to techcrunch article
2b2 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 09:40 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

This is good. I want to purchase my next car in Internet... and i want Ford send it to my home. The finantial transaction could be formalize in my home or my office with a salesman visiting me.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Once you experience someone dropping off your clean new car, you never want to go back. It's especially great if you are re-leasing or trading in, because they pick up your vehicle as well. I came home from work and found my clean new car waiting for me, and I just signed several documents. Done.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Ford Focus ZX

I'm totally going to miss reading about ADMs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page