Ford Planning 4-Door Mustang? - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 08:24 AM
Ford Flex

Re: Ford Planning 4-Door Mustang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyphics View Post
IMO, this 4-door would be better for the Mustang image if it wasn't a Mustang. The only problem is that they couldn't sell it in Europe if it came out as a Lincoln only model. Poor Lincoln; shoved to the back burner again. There probably will be a Lincoln version but it will only be seen - again - as merely another gussied-up Ford.
If this 4-door is on a stretched Mustang platform, I see no reason that we could not get a longer coupe out of it as well.
4-door = Falcon
Coupe = Thunderbird

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 11:15 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Terrible idea that will return little value. The Model S sports a margin over 30% using Tesla Gen 2 tech. The revamp will be on Gen 4 tech. At the price a GT4 would run, Tesla can sell a much faster more efficient AWD 100kWh sedan with 360-400 mi of range. It won't stand a chance.
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 12:30 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
Terrible idea that will return little value. The Model S sports a margin over 30% using Tesla Gen 2 tech. The revamp will be on Gen 4 tech. At the price a GT4 would run, Tesla can sell a much faster more efficient AWD 100kWh sedan with 360-400 mi of range. It won't stand a chance.
Assuming it would be their only 4 door sedan in the showroom, I would say it would be quite popular.
glyphics likes this.

post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 03:59 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
I have no problem with a four door Mustang to take on the A7 and Panamera. Plus the rumors of a turbo V8, wondering if that may be around 4.0 and be a replacement for the Coyote in the GT?

Definitely needs to be a Lincoln version if this comes to fruition, preferably an EV.
If they want a sedan to compete with the Panamera and A7 they should make a Lincoln version instead of a Mustang sedan! But it seems that Ford is going to do it. Seems that Ford doesn't really know what to do next with Lincoln, if they keep it like now maybe Lincoln is going to join Mercury
glyphics and Bloggin like this.
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 04:05 PM
Focus RS

I don't agree with the idea of a 4 door Mustang. It ruins the identity of the Mustang as a sport cars. Give it the Thunderbird name or some Ford iconic name.
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Focus RS WRC

I say yes to a production version. Just not "Mustang". This should honestly be the MKZ replacement.
Bloggin likes this.
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 07:34 PM
Ford Explorer

Why an ultra low volume Lincoln, instead of a high volume affordable Ford?
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 08:20 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Should Ford determine a CD6 sedan would be profitable, I favor whatever name Ford's research show it being most popular, whether it be Mustang, Thunderbird, Galaxie 500, Fairlane 500, LTD, Pinto, or Utopian Turtletop.
wingsnut, falcon lover and Darlene like this.
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 09:32 PM
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via MSN to ZanatWork

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post

Well, see...here's the issue:

if they really want it to be a competitor for high-end "4-door coupes", they'll have to decide between the blue-collar Mustang heritage or taking the Mustang brand upmarket as a whole...which could murder America's foremost pony car.

IF the V8TT rumors are true (and I have to believe that Ford will eventually throw turbos on a V8), that would be a $60K and up Mustang sedan, which would definitely complicate the sub-brand's image a bit.

High-dollar specialty editions are one thing, but...I'm trying to understand how the (relatively) humble Mustang can go swimming in CLS and A7 waters.
Andrew L likes this.

If GM can justify Buick, and if Honda can justify Acura, we can damned well have Mercury back.
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 10:24 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Let's see.... an RWD sedan to compete with the A7 and the Porsche Panamera, both luxury sedans and luxury brands.....sure a better idea is a Ford instead of a Lincoln (Ford's luxury brand for your info)

I figure that you think as other Ford's managers and if you keep thinking this way Lincoln is not going to change its current ”state” of ultra-low volume. I mean you could do both but your way of thinking really worries me. If Lincoln only refreshes their lineup instead of launching new white space vehicles, they are not going to succeed.

As Zana said, I don't think a Mustang sedan can compete with high-end cars like A7, CLS, Panamera and AMG GT sedan
Andrew L likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page