EcoSport spy shots with production headlights - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
The Spaminator

EcoSport spy shots with production headlights

Spy Shots: Ford Ecosport testing in China
JANUARY 12, 2012
Car News China

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Have Ford Sales in Markets Not Included in this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
?

GO TIGERS! BCS Orange Bowl Champs!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Ford Ka

Re: EcoSport spy shots with production headlights

So is it just me, or from what we can see here, doesn't the production Ecosport seem to adhere much more closely to the exterior design of the concept version than does the new Escape (vs the Vertrek concept)?? This is partially praise of the cool design elements that have stayed true for the Ecosport (see the cool d-pillar/rear window design at the car news china link above, for example), but probably even more an expression of my disappointment with the compromises in the 2013 escape design. I LOVED the Vertrek concept, and I expected some of the really "concept-y" elements to change (like side mirrors, super big wheels, etc.) for production...but the basic proportions and some of the key lines of the production model (excluding the front clip, which is pretty true to the concept) are just off...and for me the production model desig really suffers as a result. Of course I hate the grey plastic cladding on the sides, but it's more than that. I think it's too wedge-shaped/sloped downward from the profile view, whereas the concept wasn't wedge-shaped at all. I haven't pinpointed the main culprit, but while the vertrek achieved a masculine, aggressive feel while still looking sleek and sporty, the production escape looks much more like a minivan with a cool front end. Is it just me? Anyhow, I just see less compromise in the Ecosport...and wish they could've achieved similar results with the Escape design execution.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
The Spaminator

Re: EcoSport spy shots with production headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaswb4 View Post
So is it just me, or from what we can see here, doesn't the production Ecosport seem to adhere much more closely to the exterior design of the concept version than does the new Escape (vs the Vertrek concept)?? This is partially praise of the cool design elements that have stayed true for the Ecosport (see the cool d-pillar/rear window design at the car news china link above, for example), but probably even more an expression of my disappointment with the compromises in the 2013 escape design. I LOVED the Vertrek concept, and I expected some of the really "concept-y" elements to change (like side mirrors, super big wheels, etc.) for production...but the basic proportions and some of the key lines of the production model (excluding the front clip, which is pretty true to the concept) are just off...and for me the production model desig really suffers as a result. Of course I hate the grey plastic cladding on the sides, but it's more than that. I think it's too wedge-shaped/sloped downward from the profile view, whereas the concept wasn't wedge-shaped at all. I haven't pinpointed the main culprit, but while the vertrek achieved a masculine, aggressive feel while still looking sleek and sporty, the production escape looks much more like a minivan with a cool front end. Is it just me? Anyhow, I just see less compromise in the Ecosport...and wish they could've achieved similar results with the Escape design execution.
The EcoSport concept was the production vehicle with different headlights, thats about it. The Vertrek Concept on the other hand was more conceptual than production for the get go.

Have Ford Sales in Markets Not Included in this
?

GO TIGERS! BCS Orange Bowl Champs!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ecosport, headlights, production, shots, spy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page