Ford Inside News banner

Cougar!!!!!!!!

Tags
cougar
4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·
I did a chop of my 05 Mustang GT into a Cougar....but I changed my mind LOL. didn't like it.

#6 ·
I did several chops awhile back.
I think this would really work. People restore the cougars from the 60s - just like Mustang fans. I think there would be a calling for a retro sport coupe Cougar. It was such a mistake when they went with the Probe style blob model. FORD needs the T-Bird and Cougar... but they need a functional design. The last T-Bird was too small and too pricey for the common person. Learn from your mistakes and do something like this. It will work!

#7 ·
I couldn't delete the thread.

Anybody ever do a chop....put it up....and then not like it? LOL
Oh well here it is regardless!
Not too bad, although I like your old chops better. I think it some of the design elements may be a little too curvy for the overall look, but that could be because I know it's a Mustang and it's design is relatively boxy.

I do like the idea of bringing hidden headlights back to an extent. In this application, using LEDs, the thin chrome strip could possibly be the headlights, instead of the old rotating design. Just thinking out loud....you may not like the idea.

#8 ·
I couldn't delete the thread.

Hey Tim, any Cougar thread is welcome :)
(esp. with one of your chops!)

one thing I've wondered about for some time is making the hood of a car sorta follow the engine shape underneath - guess it'd have to be non-Euro now with their pedestrian regulations...
tho maybe it could work - trying to imagine what shape a 3"(?) layer of foam padding would give it
&
agree with RMC about having the HL's "hiding in plain sight"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.