Mach1: help Ford do the right thing... - Ford Inside News Community
 51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Focus RS WRC

Question Mach1: help Ford do the right thing...

https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/14/...ach-1-ev-2020/

Video is in the article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellanca4.2 View Post
Mach 1 is not set in stone, thankfully.
https://jalopnik.com/a-ford-mach-1-b...min-1822073131

Last edited by 2b2; 01-14-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 08:29 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: Mach1: help Ford do the right thing...

I copied Bell's post for a DIY thread
to help Ford keep the Mach Name from getting sullied

ideas on what's OK and what's Not?
joseodiaga4 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 01-14-2018 at 08:50 PM.
post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 09:11 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Ford ups electrification investment to $11B, plans 16 battery-electric vehicles by 2022
Automotive News
- Michael Martinez - January 14, 2018

Ford Motor Co. on Sunday said it's more than doubling its investment in electrification and planning to roll out 16 fully electric vehicles within five years. It said the first of those EVs would arrive in 2020.

The automaker said it would spend $11 billion on the technology by 2022 and introduce 40 electrified vehicles globally within that time. Executives said 16 would be battery electrics and 24 would be hybrids or plug-in hybrids, without specifying how many of each type. It's unclear how many of them would be sold in the U.S.

Ford had committed in late 2015 to spending $4.5 billion to develop 13 electrified vehicles over a five-year period, including one battery electric: a 300-mile range crossover expected in 2020.

Ford announced the expanded plans after revealing the 2019 Ranger, Edge ST and Mustang Bullitt the Detroit auto show.

"We're all in, and the only question is will the customers be there with us?" Bill Ford, Ford's executive chairman, told reporters.

The announcement comes three months after Ford set up a group of employees, dubbed Team Edison, to study vehicle electrification. Its crosstown rival General Motors has vowed to introduce at least 20 fully electric or fuel-cell models by 2023. GM has not put a dollar amount on its investment plans.

"We see it as an increase in an important part of where we are going forward," said Raj Nair, Ford's president of North America.

Ford hinted at a performance battery electric vehicle called Mach 1, coming in 2020. Nair said the vehicle could be a crossover based on the Mustang.

Basing EVs on existing nameplates that customers know, such as the Mustang, can help the company make the vehicles more successful, Bill Ford said.

"The idea is we're going to electrify our most iconic vehicles," he said.

Ford previously has said it would sell hybrid versions of the Mustang and F-150 by 2020.
joseodiaga4, Bloggin and 70 Stang like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 01-14-2018 at 09:13 PM.

post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 09:45 PM
Ford Kuga

Best Ford news I've heard in 4 years, I guess we can thank GM for lighting a fire under them.
Bloggin likes this.
post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 09:54 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
Best Ford news I've heard in 4 years, I guess we can thank GM for lighting a fire under them.
So you think they just started, after GM's recent announcement, really borg?

post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 10:02 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

I'm sure Fomoco has been working on just about every development that can be reasonably expected to bear fruit (profit) BUT
it wouldn't surprise me At ALL if using the Mach1 name was finalized withIN the last WEEK (or 2 )
joseodiaga4 and Assimilator like this.

Last edited by 2b2; 01-14-2018 at 10:05 PM.
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 10:13 PM
Ford Explorer

Don't know how long the Mach name has been in place, but I have been hinting at Ford's big development for BEV for quite some time now, mostly in response to all the criticism that Ford is not doing enough post GM's recent announcement. I even stated that EVERYTHING is being studied for BEV, and with this announcement, that should not be a surprise.

post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 10:26 PM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
So you think they just started, after GM's recent announcement, really borg?
Sure, Ford's program is also much further behind and Ford's CEO was fired because Wallstreet was not happy with Ford's tepid BEV plans. Actually, they only had 1 BEV plan until the new CEO.
post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 10:31 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
Sure, Ford's program is also much further behind and Ford's CEO was fired because Wallstreet was not happy with Ford's tepid BEV plans. Actually, they only had 1 BEV plan until the new CEO.
Believe what you want my friend, but I have assisted in project studies over a year ago personally. And Ford redeployed their EEE building into the FEL Ford Engineering Lab for the sole purpose of electrification back in early 2015, which certainly would have included far more than 1 BEV from Fields.....LMFAO

Last edited by wingsnut; 01-14-2018 at 10:37 PM.
post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 10:51 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
I'm sure Fomoco has been working on just about every development that can be reasonably expected to bear fruit (profit) BUT
it wouldn't surprise me At ALL if using the Mach1 name was finalized withIN the last WEEK (or 2 )
Update Jan 14 6:00 p.m. est: Mike Levine clarified(?) his tweet in a message to Jalopnik, saying Ford is “researching the name Mach 1 to see how customers respond,” for a high performance battery electric SUV.
joseodiaga4 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page