Ford Inside News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on a site I go to for wallpapers and had never seen it before, so I did some research.

Turns out this was a custom made car for a design study, Henry Ford II supplied Boano with a Lincoln chassis and they unveiled the final product at the 1955 Turin Motor Show. It was given the name Indianapolis after the race and is equipped with a Lincoln V8 making 200 HP and has a 4 speed Automatic.

For me personally the front end styling is kind of odd but I like the rear end styling of it. Very interesting concept and thought it could spark an interesting discussion.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Andrew

& MAJOR photos there!!

I can't help but try to imagine this styling time-traveled for the LincStang.

Believe the overall proportions are the easiest to apply (& not that different from my Mustang-concept based chop)
but
I'm getting a few ideas for themes-&-cues (mainly by "de-pontooning" the front & enlarging the 'air intake' for a scoop-y, slightly FocusST-ish grille)
(OH! and NO side mirrors!!
)
tho
from the interior, think I'd only borrow the black&white colorway

oddly, imho if one spray-painted most of the rear window, think there'd be a considerable resemblance to Virgil Exner's compact Valiant/Dart's rear,
which I always *loved*

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love the black and white interior as well, and the Orange they used is a great color!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like it made its way to PBC!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts