Ford Inside News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I've been having an issue with my vehicle. My passenger side cowl cover (the black plastic piece between the windshield and hood) is not flush with my windshield and lately I have noticed that my floor has been getting soaked after it has rained. Anyone know of a sealer I may be able to use? I tried to include pics of the issue. The cowl cover looks a bit messed up on the first pic. I was trying to use a hammer and screw driver (I know. Stupid idea.) and it cause some scratches but either way the cowl cover is propped up and the leak is coming in above the fuse box and just draining down onto it. I'm afraid it will short it out and possibly give me electrical problems in the future. I have read that a lot of people have been having this issue. I also had an issue with my left rear caliper as my ebrake locked up when it was cold outside. Now for some reason my door handles are sticking out. The doors are staying shut and everything, but the actual door handles are not staying flush. I can pull just a tad and they will stay out. Still works fine but it's just another issue that I feel should not happen. I tried to include a picture of that also. (again i am not sure if it worked or not.) Idk really what is going on but I truely feel these are issues that ford must address. Many people have the caliper and cowl cover issue. I'm not sure about the door handle but if they really wanna be on par with toyota they should fix these problems. I went to plaza ford in bel air, md and they said that little plastic piece is 130 bucks. Kinda ridiculous given it is only plastic with a little bit of rubber. But I guess that's what I get. I wanted a mustang for so long and now I am paying for it.
Thanks to anyone with any ideas they may have.
View attachment 992

View attachment 993

View attachment 994

View attachment 995

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No unfortunatley I no longer have a warranty as it expired. I also do pretty much all maintenance on my vehicle. But I didn not touch my brakes until after I had an E-brake issue. And I did not touch my cowl cover until after the water started seeping through and soaked my passenger side floor. These issues are destroying the fun for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly I was really thinking about the V6 camaro the other day. I am one of the biggest ford fans and mustang fans. But this is a hassel. I really need to consider what may be best for me right now. Seems like a Mustang isn't as appealing to me as it used to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts