Ford Inside News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Silverado vs. 2007 GMC Sierra vs. 2007 Dodge Ram vs. 2007 Ford F-150 vs.Tundra
GM recently invited us to their GMC Sierra/Chevy Silverado Truck Challenge, where we got a chance to drive the Sierra and Silverado back to back with their main competition, including the Dodge Ram, Ford F-150 and Toyota Tundra. Although it didn't reflect the real working conditions of these trucks, it offered an excellent opportunity to discover each truck's unique character and how they perform differently under similar conditions. While there was no off-roading component, there was a demonstration of the Eaton locking differential that comes standard on all GM trucks, whether configured in 2WD or 4WD. Other components of the Challenge included towing, a stability control test and then a handling and braking test. While the GMC/Chevy Challenge doesn't measure up to the Truck King Challenge in terms of thoroughness or realistic work conditions, it was far simpler and clearer with trucks that fairly represent most companies' volume models (excluded was the Nissan Titan because it doesn't sell in the same volumes as any of the others).

Link AUTOMOBILE.COM

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Rest assured GM has some upgrades in store when the F150 comes out. The F150 is a great truck, but it sells on price compared to Silvarado.

The Tundra's frame is inferior. Just see it on the freeway and watch the bed dancing, while old F150 and GMT's beds do not dance.

Anyways, this is a great comparo, shows you just how good the F150 was when it came out. The GMT800's more than held their own though.

Toyota cannot do much for Tundra now. They will need a completely new frame to compete.

I expect GM to come up with powertrain upgrades when F150 hits. Look for TQ, horsepower, and fuel economy enhancements plus clever features. That is not to say F150 will not be up to snuff

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Last sentence in the article:

"While my head might say differently, my gut says Ford."

I never thought I would write this, but here it goes: Nuff said!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
the Chevy is indeed like a rock, feeling as if it could tow the Titanic out from the ocean floor, and it beats the Tundra in fuel consumption by a surprisingly substantial margin. Call me a sucker for sentimentality and styling, but the Ford just speaks to me; its handling-and-comfort balance is superb, and despite the weak-kneed 5.4L Triton V8 (in this company), it can still manage as much towing as you could ask for from a half-ton truck, though not as smoothly as the leaders in this category. And despite some incontrovertible evidence that leaves it far behind in performance, when I look at the lineup of trucks, I know I would pick an F-150. While my head might say differently, my gut says Ford.
GM trucks felt like the trailers were welded to the chassis because of the complete control they had over their loads, executing turns and coming to hard stops with hardly any additional bucking, body roll or twist. On the handling course it translated into sure, flat cornering and quick, confident stops thanks to the disc brakes and ABS on the models we tested. Most Silverados and Sierras will come with the 315-horsepower 5.3-liter V8 with Active Fuel Management cylinder deactivation, which helps the GM models achieve the best V8 fuel economy in the Light Duty segment
He admits, that chevy appeals to Reason.

I think this will change with the New F150, which will probably match the competation with everything.
F150 is not a best seller for no reason. That said, this is not about an Inferior chevy which is according to the article, the best all round truck. And it should be, Its GM and new.​

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Last sentence in the article:

"While my head might say differently, my gut says Ford."

I never thought I would write this, but here it goes: Nuff said!
Whyle my head say whatever , my heart say Ford.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts