·
Registered
200 Posts
The sedan is ok- it's kind of growing on me, but I still want to throw up
every time I see it knowing you could be getting the Euro-focus (and
it would have cost Ford less or the same!). The coupe is just awkward
looking. I like the "FOCUS" lettering on the back though. They should
sell this one in brazil, reheated old models are all the rage there:
VW Golf IV, Fiat Palio, Chevy Blazer, etc...
Plus, they still are having to make due with the Old focus.

·
Registered
764 Posts
The sedan is ok- it's kind of growing on me, but I still want to throw up
every time I see it knowing you could be getting the Euro-focus (and
it would have cost Ford less or the same!). The coupe is just awkward
looking. I like the "FOCUS" lettering on the back though. They should
sell this one in brazil, reheated old models are all the rage there:
VW Golf IV, Fiat Palio, Chevy Blazer, etc...
Plus, they still are having to make due with the Old focus.
The look is growing on me aswell. I really like the coupe in black and the interior of the Focus is one of the best in its class.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I really really REEEEEEEALLY love the coupe, the only thing missing is an aftermarket grille, the two bar one is just so lame.

What's up with the leather though?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Dare I say that I like it better than the pricier new EU model.
Why not? Is a totally different car and recipient of many lessons learned the hard way. I like it a lot too.

Probably the euro model has a higher level of craftsmanship (and this is pure speculation) but the C170 based 08 Focus is one good looking car that easily tops anything that any domestic company has to offer in the compact field. For being a temporary thing this car is one great entry.

·
Registered
182 Posts
the very last pic with the silver sedan speeding away with dealer tags has a ton of new focus's in the backround ready to be shipped presumably

·
Registered
182 Posts
And dont fret! ive heard so many times that we only have to live with this particular model/sheetmetal till 2011, so 21/2 or 3 years away till a new focus for the american and euro markets. Finally if the Verve/ Fiesta really does arrive in 09' as people predict, that will knock the socks off this thing so a new C segment focus will have to arrive

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I saw my first 2008 Focus on the road yesterday. It was a couple cars in front, and I did not realize what it was. I thought it was some type of Jeep mini crossover at first. Maybe due to the high trunkline and sharp creases.
A mile later, I was right behind it at a redlight but it turned off just before the intersection and I couldn't see the sides or front, as I had to turn myself.
I was impressed by the back, and thought it looked much better than the civic or corolla.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Saw it at LAIAS & overall looked very good to me - the shape is fine
just lose the phvent!
&
for the life of me, can't figure out why they didn't use the euroFocus's MCE style (Mondeo-inspired) front

think it'll be around long enuf for an MCE?

edit/ps
the SE upholstery needs to change
ideally to the same fabric used in the Fusion SE which is quite nice

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmm if they just changed a few things than I think it would be much more appealing. If it had the 3 bar grill, the tacky looking side vents were gone and they changed the rims it would look much better. Although, it doesn't look too bad in black and the interior looks nice.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
If it resembled the Focus this would help my perception of the car, but it doesn't, hence my distaste for it.
And I think this is the reason why many auto reviews and forum posts are filled with nasty comments. It does not live up to the Focus name and what the name represents.

If it was called something else the auto community would probably be much kinder to it.

Outside of the auto community, and enthusiasts the car should to well as an
alternative to the Cobalt,G5, Kia Spectra, & Sentra

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I just saw a review of the new Corolla on another website.
It looks outdated already!
It will be also be getting less MPG than the Focus.
Odd to note that the base model still has roll up windows. It would seem to me that by now roll-up windows would be more expensive to produce, especially with the extra parts to stock.
More than likely, Toyota is decontenting to allow a low base price for advertisement, but doing so in a way that almost forces the buyer to upgrade to the next trim level.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I saw a focus recently on the road, and it looks really classy in person, upscale almost, I think Ford will sell quite a few, especially if their mileage is better than corolla and can match civics

1 - 19 of 19 Posts