Ford Inside News banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 FORD FIESTA FIVE-DOOR BREAKS COVER

Ford has already shown us the Fiesta Three-Door Hatchback when it revealed it as the production version of the Ford Verve series of concept cars...well now, we are seeing the second production version of the series...the Five-Door Hatch. If I do say so my self...man is it a looker as a Five-Door in the plum!

My friends at Left Lane News.com have provided the photos and the full details from their article, so please stop by and show them some love!

You've seen the new three-door Ford Fiesta, now it's time for a look at the five-door variant that has been the subject of countless spy photos over the last few months. Ford revealed the new model at the Geneva Motor Show today.

The new five-door model will appeared at the Geneva Motor Show in Hot Magenta. The dimensions of the three- and five- door models are the same. Ford manages to retain most of the three-door's style with the addition of two extra doors.

Sharing mechanical underpinnings with the Mazda2, the Fiesta is set to hit the European market in the summer of 2008.

Ford CEO Alan Mulally has been eager to leverage the Blue Oval's global resources, and the Fiesta's planned entry into the U.S. market is a bold move in that direction. North America is slated to get a version of the Fiesta after its European release — sometime between 2008 and 2010, although details on the U.S.-spec car have yet to be released.

The Fiesta will feature a design theme based on Ford Europe’s Kinetic language. That same styling will come to U.S. shores, meaning the Fiesta will be sold with a trapezoidal grille below and headlamps that run back to the front wheel arches, rather than the automaker's "Bold" three-bar grille.

The wheel arches will be more pronounced both in the front as well in the back, and the car features a smooth side-window design and a rounded rear glass.

A 1.6-liter gasoline engine is the only engine likely to be offered on the U.S. version, but Europe will certainly have diesel options, which could conceivably come our way if the U.S. market becomes more diesel-friendly.

Ford's ability to turn a profit on a sub-Focus model in the U.S. is still in question, so we would expect the Fiesta to be manufactured in Mexico, or possibly Brazil, and arrive some time in the 2008 calendar year as an 2009 model.

Now...please write a lovely letter to Mr. Mulally in Dearborn and let him understand that we as Ford Consumers want all three options of the Fiesta in the United States!

Remember, he wants a new Falcon F6...why can't we have the Fiesta then?

Stay Fabulous!
RG59061

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I like it very much it's a great lookin' little car, but I personally like the overall style and design of the Mazda 2 much better.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I agree with both of you guys, all three of these cars are nice. FORD, Bring Us Sexy Back!! I want the sedan myself if it has that glass roof and Sync v2.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Its amazing just how true to the concept they have kept it. I think this if priced right could put Ford back on the sandal, especially if its got reasonable content.

·
Registered
182 Posts
So were def getting the 4 door saloon and rumors of the hot little 3 door hatch, i think if when Ford brings us the 2011 Focus and continues to make a Sedan and Coupe, then the Fiesta needs to either have more hatches or something to give the Saturn Astra a run for its money, Ford makes such good hatches dont deprive the NA marker Ford!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Looks just as cool as the 3 door hatchback. Ford sure will have a huge hit with this car in NA and Europe.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
crossreferencing

_wlb____ovl____other________
98.00 - 153.00 - w 66.70 - h 58.10 - Mazda2 5door
97.99 - 145.35 - w 65.12 - h 54.33 - Verve concept (3-door?)
96.37 - 142.50 - w 64.17 - h 55.60 - current KA (I think)
90.60 - 139.60 - w 64.00 - h 58.60 - Fiat 500
(disclaimer: quick googlings)

actually believe the production Fiesta will be a bit closer to Mz2 dimensions
& the Ka will shrink to almost the 500's

·
Registered
432 Posts
five door is 100% confirmed for US - the three door is no sure yet, but Farley wants it to come - so I would give it quite high probability marks.

Igor

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
five door is 100% confirmed for US - the three door is no sure yet, but Farley wants it to come - so I would give it quite high probability marks.

Igor
Awesome! :D That's good to hear I hope Farley gets them to bring the three door over here to.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Why does Ford TEASE me with these hot cars???? I love them all, but which to choose!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts