Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Content Admin
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If only Detroit had taken car building this seriously, there would not be talk of demise.
This vehicle is stunning, inside out.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I have to say, Buick has perhaps built a better Lexus here. This thing looks great, inside out without being bland as Lexus'ses are...

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Waoooooo!

Bye, Bye MK Z, ES 350, TSX and TL ,A4, Passat CC,Genesis,G35 and G45,
C-class, Maxima,S 80 and S 60....... Welcome Buick La Crosse: the best looking medium size near luxury sedan!

This car is amazing, outside and inside. The interior is the best American car 's interior of the history !....

Great job, Buick...you are still alive!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I would consinder a Buick enclave, but this, I probably will have my husband get it for me. I have to say this Vehicles interior, save for some obvious parts bin is the best I have seen so far from North America. I Consinder the MKS to be a triumph,
Especially in off white leather interior and the whitish/crème wood interior. But this seems to top it. I would have to feel this interior but, given I saw them benchmark the MKS and I can see the leather stitching and the back seat entertainment options, clearly, this vehicle could change things for Buick big time.
The Enclave needs some MCE for its interior dash now.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Good to see some attention to the small design details that make such a huge difference in the appearance by both GM and Ford N.A.
But both have to find someone in the design departmart that can design nice looking refined airvents. Geez the new Taurus, MK S, and now this car have such truckish, out of place styled airvents.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Oh my God....more and more i see this beautiful car, and more and more i like it. The shape is very gorgeous...each curve, each line is masterfully done...the details, like the chrome work are very tastefull, the venty-ports in the hood are modern interpretetion of the classic Buick trademark... the proportions of the body are perfect...the shape of the greenhouse are very elegant ( looks like a new Lexus or BMW!). The body contours are complex but beautifuly elegant.... is a marvelous car....
And the interior....Bravo for Buick designers...bravo for not to have fear from new ideas and modern aproach to the luxury theme. The dash are very, very simple, but soooo elegant.....the "bubble" intrument cluster is futuristic, but luxurious...the wood work are just enough to be rich and good looking....
i hope the textures and the materials be as good as it looks in the pictures...

This car deserve to be the new Mercedes-Benz E-Class.... not that terrible car i saw yesterday in this forum....Buick: congratulations! you are back...and with the best looking american sedan ever!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Oh my God....more and more i see this beautiful car, and more and more i like it. The shape is very gorgeous...each curve, each line is masterfully done...the details, like the chrome work are very tastefull, the venty-ports in the hood are modern interpretetion of the classic Buick trademark... the proportions of the body are perfect...the shape of the greenhouse are very elegant ( looks like a new Lexus or BMW!). The body contours are complex but beautifuly elegant.... is a marvelous car....
And the interior....Bravo for Buick designers...bravo for not to have fear from new ideas and modern aproach to the luxury theme. The dash are very, very simple, but soooo elegant.....the "bubble" intrument cluster is futuristic, but luxurious...the wood work are just enough to be rich and good looking....
i hope the textures and the materials be as good as it looks in the pictures...

This car deserve to be the new Mercedes-Benz E-Class.... not that terrible car i saw yesterday in this forum....Buick: congratulations! you are back...and with the best looking american sedan ever!
Like a new Lexus? Lexus is not exactly know for its designs.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I think this thread works even better with a T1 line that with DSL.

The car? Its very very good. The design works, the interior is a bit too video-gamish for my taste but I guess it is someone's cup of tea.

Likes: The character lines flow beautifully and their integration with the rear lights is classy and clever.

Complains: The belt line is too high, greenhouse too narrow. The interior.

The MKZ's or MKS' interior is eons ahead in design and good taste.

This car should do well if GM lives long enough to actually launch it.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
...Bye, Bye MK Z, ES 350, TSX and TL ,A4, Passat CC,Genesis,G35 and G45,
C-class, Maxima,S 80 and S 60...
remember, only the 195.9"/4975.8mm long Genesis and new TL's 195.3"/4960.6mm are close to the LaCrosse-Invicta's 196.77"/4997.9mm length (China measurements);
the Mazima is 193.5"/4914.9mm and
the MKZ, S80, & ES are about 191"/4850mm and the others are smaller yet
(unless they snuck in a growth spurt like the TL - I didn't realize it'd grown that much until checking facts for this post)

...But both have to find someone in the design departmart that can design nice looking refined airvents. Geez the new Taurus, MK S, and now this car have such truckish, out of place styled airvents.
Do you mean the vents ^near^ the doors, MKII?
I'm not crazy about those either
BUT
pix are different from in person (For ME!) &
at least they're not framed in chrome (hate that!), in the black interior, which would probably be my preference, they'd practically disappear anyway

...Complains: The belt line is too high, greenhouse too narrow. The interior.

The MKZ's or MKS' interior is eons ahead in design and good taste...
the beltline I'll need to judge in person...
tho with the Charger & 300, it's not the beltline but the roofline coming down onto the upper part of the doors that bothers me
&
re: the MKS -I am prejudiced/partial but don't think Buick NEEDS to out-do the Lincoln - that's Cadillac's job imho

Overall
I find the pix of the interior 'interesting' & need hands-on to know more - could still go either way for me - EXCEPT to say this is miles better than the current LaCrosse
(&
think the it's neat how the wood on the top of the steeringwheel "continues" the span of wood on the dash :)
)
&
kind of feel that way about the exterior too - of course since I'm a small(er) car person that MAY be why I much prefer the Insignia/Regal
(tho I DID *like* the Lucerne - last saw/sat at the Nov.2007 LA autoshow)

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Like a new Lexus? Lexus is not exactly know for its designs.
ok, i agree Lexus is not the leader of desing...but is the benchmark ! Everybody want to beat Lexus...and i think Buick, with this beautiful car, is doing it.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
remember, only the 195.9"/4975.8mm long Genesis and new TL's 195.3"/4960.6mm are close to the LaCrosse-Invicta's 196.77"/4997.9mm length (China measurements);
the Mazima is 193.5"/4914.9mm and
the MKZ, S80, & ES are about 191"/4850mm and the others are smaller yet
(unless they snuck in a growth spurt like the TL - I didn't realize it'd grown that much until checking facts for this post)

Do you mean the vents ^near^ the doors, MKII?
I'm not crazy about those either
BUT
pix are different from in person (For ME!) &
at least they're not framed in chrome (hate that!), in the black interior, which would probably be my preference, they'd practically disappear anyway

the beltline I'll need to judge in person...
tho with the Charger & 300, it's not the beltline but the roofline coming down onto the upper part of the doors that bothers me
&
re: the MKS -I am prejudiced/partial but don't think Buick NEEDS to out-do the Lincoln - that's Cadillac's job imho

Overall
I find the pix of the interior 'interesting' & need hands-on to know more - could still go either way for me - EXCEPT to say this is miles better than the current LaCrosse
(&
think the it's neat how the wood on the top of the steeringwheel "continues" the span of wood on the dash :)
)
&
kind of feel that way about the exterior too - of course since I'm a small(er) car person that MAY be why I much prefer the Insignia/Regal
(tho I DID *like* the Lucerne - last saw/sat at the Nov.2007 LA autoshow)

ok, you say the new La Crosse is bigger than those competitors? But what about the price??.

But, if you prefer, i go again..... Bye Bye MK S, new Taurus, CTS, RL, GS 350 and GS 450, M45, 5 series, E class, A6, S 80.......Welcome the new La Crosse! i prefer to be seing driving this Buick that driving whatever other named here.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I'm not as impressed with the interior as most of you seem to be. It seems to mix the the "bland wrap around" with the "flash-in-the-pan Star Trek" design theory.
The exterior would have been a sensation if it came out in 2004. It is a notch above what is out there, but it blends in with the crowd at most angles. (at least the MXS has a distinguishable grill).

I thought I heard that when this came out, the Lucerne would fade away. This would make sense with the size similarity. I imagine they will price it closer to the Lucerne, and it should sell well.

Buick has come a long way!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
@2b2, regarding which heat/air vents in the Buick, the centre vents, but in the new Taurus and MK S both side and centre vents.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I'm not as impressed with the interior as most of you seem to be. It seems to mix the the "bland wrap around" with the "flash-in-the-pan Star Trek" design theory.
The exterior would have been a sensation if it came out in 2004. It is a notch above what is out there, but it blends in with the crowd at most angles. (at least the MXS has a distinguishable grill).

I thought I heard that when this came out, the Lucerne would fade away. This would make sense with the size similarity. I imagine they will price it closer to the Lucerne, and it should sell well.

Buick has come a long way!
You are very hard and severe with your judgement... but is your opinion and i respect it. I think the exterior is very ahead of the competition. Look at the new Mercedes-Benz E-Class: an ugly "pastiche" of hard lines, bad curves, extrange cut of the hood in the laterals of the car, overbusy details ,like the front bumper that looks ready to be in the front of a rally truck or SUV. In contrast, the new La Crosse is clean, elegant, simple, with carefully designed details....
And the interior, i insist, is the best interior of any american car ever. Is simple, futuristic but luxurious....Like you, i see something of the "star trek theme" there, but that is not bad at all....we are in 2009!!...

I read some minutes ago something about the engines and transmisions. There are some space for improvements. 2 V6 engines, 3 lt with 255 HP, and 3,5 lt with 280 HP. Ummmmm, is ok, but not better than the competitors. Al least, every new La Crosse will have 6 speed transmision....that are good news....

1 - 20 of 49 Posts