Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
*Love* the interior
(edit: think they got the perfect "touch" of Camaro themes with the IP)

the exterior overall is a very 'sturdy' Look,
think the grille is the best rendition since the Chevrolet SS concept,
need to consider the rear roof some more
...It is time for Kuga and this chevy to own the market
umm... saw elsewhere this is the same length as the Edge :confused:
the MKG ...'scuse me... "KuGa" is over a foot shorter...
but
either way, I'm Very Glad the Detroit2 are coming out with such great (and varied) vehicles

·
Content Admin
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*Love* the interior
the exterior overall is a very 'sturdy' Look,
think the grille is the best rendition since the Chevrolet SS concept,
need to consider the rear roof some more

umm... saw elsewhere this is the same length as the Edge :confused:
the MKG ...'scuse me... "KuGa" is over a foot shorter...
but
either way, I'm Very Glad the Detroit2 are coming out with such great (and varied) vehicles
Is the edge not wider than this?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I hope the Edge MCE can comepte with the Equinox's interior. I don't like the exterior period, it reminds me of the current Matrix from the side profile - sorta kinda, mostly the last 3/4 of the vehicle.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Looks exactly the same.

Actually I just read this in Autoblog.

"The Equinox shares its platform with the Saturn Vue. With the distinct possibility that Saturn could be euthanized, the two-mode hybrid system from that model would need a new home. Judging by the "no comment on future products" responses that were accompanied by smiles, it seems likely that a hybrid (either next-gen mild or two-mode) will join the Equinox lineup sooner rather than later"​

So yes, I guess it is exactly the same overweight vehicle, although somehow they manages to shave off 55 pounds.

·
Content Admin
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks exactly the same.

"The Equinox shares its platform with the Saturn Vue. With the distinct possibility that Saturn could be euthanized, the two-mode hybrid system from that model would need a new home. Judging by the "no comment on future products" responses that were accompanied by smiles, it seems likely that a hybrid (either next-gen mild or two-mode) will join the Equinox lineup sooner rather than later"​

So yes, I guess it is exactly the same overweight vehicle, although somehow they manages to shave off 55 pounds.
It is bigger than the Vue it seems, if its as long as the edge

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Looks exactly the same.

The level of detail in this vehicle is topnotch. Look at this light and show me a Toyota or Honda, heck a lexus with this level of detail

This interior is better than anything Ford (the brand) has on the market today. The New Fusion is the only Ford that measures up.

Remember the EPA estimates of 21 mpg city/30 mpg highway for front-wheel-drive models. In comparison, the Honda delivers 20 mpg city/27 mpg highway, while the Toyota is rated at 22 mpg city/28 mpg highway. A six-speed automatic is the only transmission available in the Equinox four-cylinder and it delivers power to either all four wheels or the front wheels only.
It will also get a BAS hybrid and probably a 2 mode Hybrid. It will be on sale by mid summer.

Even if the Japanese could match these numbers, you got to remember that the new improved BAS system will easily add on this with a marginal capital outlay.

Its built on an upgraded platform. Its not the same old.
Give credit where its due.

I am not sure but these Di GM engines seem to be pumping more power out that blown Ford Di engines, with similar dispalcements.

What are the Ford ecoboost 4 numbers?

·
Editor
1,173 Posts
Looks exactly the same.

That is incorrect. The Vue and Equinox are not on the same platform. Anyone that compares the dimensions should know that.

·
Editor
1,173 Posts
The VUE is Theta based and the new Equinox is . . . what?
Vue is Theta II, which is smaller.

Equinox/Terrain will be on a mix of Theta I and Theta II; basically Theta I with dynamics of Theta II.

SRX is on TE, which is a mix of Theta II and Epsilon II. It's a premium platform and an expensive one at that.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Vue is Theta II, which is smaller.

Equinox/Terrain will be on a mix of Theta I and Theta II; basically Theta I with dynamics of Theta II.

SRX is on TE, which is a mix of Theta II and Epsilon II. It's a premium platform and an expensive one at that.
Thanks for the info. I guess that when the automakers do this type of tech-mixings journalists get all confused. There are still people that believe that the Mustang shares platforms with the Jaguar S-type.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The VUE is Theta based and the new Equinox is . . . what?
Confusing.

Bigger and heavier than the Theta because it shares parts with Epsilon.

GM is now merging platforms...Theta, Epsilon, Epsilon II, and Theta II are all compatitble and will be used to make several vehicles with a variance in size.

The Vue competes with the Rav4 and Escape, the Outlook competes with the Flex and Highlander. The new Equinox is similar in size to the Toyota Venza and Ford Edge.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Re: 2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ >> GMC Terrain

wearing too much camo (for me at least) to see what it really looks like...
(OR get its own thread ;))
...here are some spypix of the Terrain, GMC's companion to the 'Nox

2010 GMC Terrain [Spied again] - LeftlaneNews
...By the looks this latest prototype, it appears that a second variation of GM’s revamped Theta platform — which will underpin the next-generation Chevrolet Equinox — has now begun testing. Dubbed the GMC Terrain, the new SUV will replace the Pontiac Torrent...

...This particular prototype looks to have a mesh grille, indicating it could be a test vehicle for a range-topping Denali trim level ... the Terrain looks as though it will have a flat roofline ... for improved cargo space...

direct link ^ to pic 5 of 8

·
Content Admin
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

wearing too much camo (for me at least) to see what it really looks like...
(OR get its own thread ;))
...here are some spypix of the Terrain, GMC's companion to the 'Nox

2010 GMC Terrain [Spied again] - LeftlaneNews
...By the looks this latest prototype, it appears that a second variation of GM’s revamped Theta platform — which will underpin the next-generation Chevrolet Equinox — has now begun testing. Dubbed the GMC Terrain, the new SUV will replace the Pontiac Torrent...

...This particular prototype looks to have a mesh grille, indicating it could be a test vehicle for a range-topping Denali trim level ... the Terrain looks as though it will have a flat roofline ... for improved cargo space...

direct link ^ to pic 5 of 8
I think if GM paid the same sort of attention to cars they did to SUV's they would not be in any problems.
Their trucks are very good. Better than imports by far.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

I think if GM paid the same sort of attention to cars they did to SUV's they would not be in any problems.
Their trucks are very good. Better than imports by far.
I agree Mchicha. I think GM is still focusing on trucks & SUV's too much.

I know two cars in particular at GM that are in need of some attention & those cars are the Chevy Impala & Pontiac G6. Those two cars really need a major refresh & they need to somehow distance themselves from Rental Fleets. Just my opinion though.

And the same could be said about Ford with the Mercury Grand Marquis & Lincoln Town Car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts