Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Great find Mchicha thank for posting.

I think it looks very good. I hope this is what the finished car will look like.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It makes me sad that there won't be a Sable version of this Taurus. But if the Taurus looks that good, I guess there won't need to be a Sable version to have a good looking version of the car. :D (Just kidding all you Taurus fans, but I have always been partial to the Sable over the Taurus)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
It makes me sad that there won't be a Sable version of this Taurus. But if the Taurus looks that good, I guess there won't need to be a Sable version to have a good looking version of the car. :D (Just kidding all you Taurus fans, but I have always been partial to the Sable over the Taurus)
I agree Page, it makes me very sad too that there won't be an all new 2010 Mercury Sable.

I agree the car looks good, but, I'd still much rather have a Sable than a Taurus.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I've said this before
&
can understand if some aren't as optimistic as me
but
WHAT *IF* the GrwdP isn't as far off as many think
(a year ago-almost Mr. M. said it could be out in 2-to-3 years
&
a restyled MKS COULD then be handed down to Merc as a new Sable...
in not much more than 12 months!
OR
WHAT *IF* the unibody Explorer had a lowered sorta-sedan platform-mate as the Sable?

NEVER GIVE UP ! ! !

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I've said this before
&
can understand if some aren't as optimistic as me
but
WHAT *IF* the GrwdP isn't as far off as many think
(a year ago-almost Mr. M. said it could be out in 2-to-3 years
&
a restyled MKS COULD then be handed down to Merc as a new Sable...
in not much more than 12 months!
OR
WHAT *IF* the unibody Explorer had a lowered sorta-sedan platform-mate as the Sable?

NEVER GIVE UP ! ! !
2b2 I really like how optimistic you are.

I would definitely like to see a restyled MKS as the new Sable. As you know 2b2 I have said all along that the MKS should have been the all new Mercury Sable.

Also like your idea about the Sable being the sedan variant of the new uni-body Explorer, but, wouldn't that be pretty much like what the current Sable is ? 'Cause the current Sable has the ride height that is almost as tall as a CUV & it's seating position is much like that of a CUV.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
...your idea about the Sable being the sedan variant of the new uni-body Explorer, but, wouldn't that be pretty much like what the current Sable is ? 'Cause the current Sable has the ride height that is almost as tall as a CUV & it's seating position is much like that of a CUV.
I'm thinking that the Explorer will be shorter
...specifically have shorter overhangs (*LOVE* short overhangs)
here's the current Explorer for ex:
- wlb ---- ovl ---- w --- h
113.7 - 193.4 - 73.7 - 72.8 GROUND CLEARANCE: 8.2
vs
112.9 - 202.1 - 74.5 - 61.5 - Sable

·
Registered
91 Posts
And since I am dreaming about a 2010 Sable to go with this new Taurus...can I have a Sable with the light bar like my '94? I'm sure there are mixed opinions on the light bar, but I always thought it was cool.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
And since I am dreaming about a 2010 Sable to go with this new Taurus...can I have a Sable with the light bar like my '94? I'm sure there are mixed opinions on the light bar, but I always thought it was cool.
Unfortunately Page that's all we can do is dream about a new Sable.

I also liked the Sable's light bar my parents had three Sable's with the light bar grille an '86, 89 & '95. And my Aunt had a '91 Sable.

Too this day like the Sable's light bar & think it's very cool and futuristic looking.

Every time I see a Mercury Sable with light bar lit up it brings a smile to my face. Yeah I know a little silly, but I can't help it. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Unfortunately Page that's all we can do is dream about a new Sable.

I also liked the Sable's light bar my parents had three Sable's with the light bar grille an '86, 89 & '95. And my Aunt had a '91 Sable.

Too this day like the Sable's light bar & think it's very cool and futuristic looking.

Every time I see a Mercury Sable with light bar lit up it brings a smile to my face. Yeah I know a little silly, but I can't help it. :D
I liked the light bar myself (it was one of the things that I liked about my first Sable -- a 1990), but as good as it looked, it caused problems for me when the bulbs burned out twice before the bulbs in the main headlights ever did. The second time, I didn't bother to replace the light bar bulbs again.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
They could do the light bar with LED's...

(I know, I know, but I just can't give it up...I miss my '94 with it's light bar)
Perhaps a modern interpretation could be done with LEDs - having a grille setup with the current Mercury slats, but each slat would illuminate vertically. They'd be like the MKX's rear lighbar, only vertically on the grille. I hope that made sense.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Perhaps a modern interpretation could be done with LEDs - having a grille setup with the current Mercury slats, but each slat would illuminate vertically. They'd be like the MKX's rear light bar, only vertically on the grille. I hope that made sense.
Makes perfect sense to me. I think that's a great idea & I think it would look awesome.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Makes perfect sense to me. I think that's a great idea & I think it would look awesome.
And perhaps you could hae them function as running lights in the day - not sure how'd that look though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
2010 Ford Taurus "With Out" camo photos

I'm glad my wife and I waited on this instead of getting the 08-09 Taurus.

Items of interest or things I like:
1)The wheel wells are clean with a minimum gap between the tires and fender lip.
2) I like how the wing fits the trunk, not some CD dropping add on that is found on most cars today.
3) The rear tail lights are clean and don’t look like an afterthought.
4) I’m mixed on the front end, I would have preferred a little more drop on the nose. But I like the lower grill and the general flow except for above the head lights, from the lights up I think they could have done better. I like the grill with what appears to be SS bars with holes instead of the current Ford car grills.
5) Back to the rear, low license plate, cool, dual exhaust, nice, but the best part is the Ecoboost logo, I think this will be the single best thing Ford could have done right now is offering a high power, Low emission, high gas mileage engine platform across the whole Ford line.

We will defiantly be one of the first to buy one of these. I think the 2010 Taurus gets officially released this Sunday, with I hope lots of photos on Monday.

LeeU

http://jalopnik.com/5116570/2010-ford-taurus

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Re: 2010 Ford Taurus "With Out" camo photos

Pre-CONGRATS on your new Taurus, Lee!!!

if you feel like it, I'd love to hear reports of every step of your testdrive/purchase/&"honeymoon" ;)

edit/aside:
while out today saw a Montego in an uncrowded parking lot so could walk around it from all sides... still-love!
& if Mercury every builds a larger-than-others hatchback -- I could be tempted to brake my smallcar rule....
my very first car was actually about that size/length.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I see the new Taurus more upscale...i think Buick show their new La Crosse today to take advantage over the new Taurus ,because both cars are in the same leage. The new Taurus, like the Flex, are the first upscale Fords......

I like the new Taurus... but the new La Crosse is better than every medium and big sedan car in the road and in the NAIAS floor....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts