1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
sweet looks like Ford has a winner with this car

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Is a winner car....without doubt. And i prefer to be seen in this car , more than driving a BMW 5-series. The cool factor of the SHO is unmatched by the germans.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
The new Taurus has knocked the MKZ off the top of my wish list...and I'm not even talking about the SHO version.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Automobile magazine's technical editor Don Sherman said that the new Taurus need to be reenginered!!!! Automobile Magazine sent the Taurus engeenering team to rework the car!!......
If this car has a big "H" in the grille or a big "T" or this letters:BMW in the hood, the opinion had been different....i'm sure of that.

The car journalist are not objetive and are extremely biased toward Honda, Toyota and BMW.

But dont care, the Taurus is one of the best sedan in the market today.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Automobile magazine's technical editor Don Sherman said that the new Taurus need to be reenginered!!!! Automobile Magazine sent the Taurus engeenering team to rework the car!!......
If this car has a big "H" in the grille or a big "T" or this letters:BMW in the hood, the opinion had been different....i'm sure of that.

The car journalist are not objetive and are extremely biased toward Honda, Toyota and BMW.

But dont care, the Taurus is one of the best sedan in the market today.
I totally agree. Every auto journalist, except for Edmunds (which has been in bed with GM since the new Malibu), always wants to judge American automakers poorly. In an Automobile from January or so, Automobile said that Ford was doing it right, and praised all new models. Now they're going against their word. Yeah, they're "reputable".

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
More than bias against American automakers I think that the car magazines and websites are expecting the new Taurus to be what it is not. A sport sedan. The Taurus is a FWD big sedan with everything that it implies. In its lower versions in competes with the Impala and Avalon and in its larger versions it competes with the Acura RL and Buick Lucerne. And may I add, it smokes all of them.

If for some reason, it is compared with RWD lighter cars like the now defunct G8 or the BMW 5 series, of course it will be in a disadvantage.

The SHO version is just icing on the cake. It will be built in very low numbers and is simply a halo car to attract older people that remember fondly the first SHO and which are more affluent.

Only time will tell, but I believe that Ford has hit a sweet spot with the new Taurus, one that has been neglected for a long time where only very mediocre cars like the Lucerne are offered.

·
Registered
15 Posts

You hit the nail on the head! If you want proof of that, just read the latest Motor Trend comparison of the Fusion and Honda Accord.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0907_ford_fusion_honda_accord_comparison/index.html

Basing their conclusion on depreciation, residual value, and cost of ownership to push the Accord over the top. How can they know these values for the Fusion when it has had so many changes for 2010. I believe the 2010 will hold it's value more than the 2009 due to these changes (and that Ford is not taking bailout money). What ever happened to a reviewer deciding what the best car is by using factors such as build quality, performance, ergonomics, and others based simply on how good the car is compared to another. Let the potential purchaser worry about the money factors. I want to know what is physically the best car, foreign or domestic should make no difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts