Ford Inside News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/d...Id=151726?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..5.*

Insideline said:
In the end, the 2010 Ford Taurus SHO feels like an excellent all-new Taurus with a muscular engine, period. It's not quite up to the sport sedan badge. Once we finally get a chance to test an SHO with the Performance package, we're hoping it transforms the dynamic experience. Until then, the 2009 Infiniti G37 (and the crowd in which it is typically found) has nothing to worry about from the Taurus SHO. That is, unless someone starts changing the G37's list of standard equipment to include two NFL players.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
This was an awkward comparisson...but then again...what would you shop the Taurus SHO against?

It has moved so far upmarket...and the other domestic product offerings are the 300C and the Impala SS.

I'm still on the fence here with this one.

But the G37...wrong competition. Maybe more the M35?

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
You forget MKS, Lucerne, Avalon, ES, Amanti, Maxima.. etc Azera
Aside from the Maxima and the MKS, none of the vehicles listed are classified as Sports Sedans.

The general Taurus' do compete more directly with the Lucerne, Avalon, Lexus ES, and given the Amanti is about to be replaced...I'll just say the Hyundai Azera.

The power of the SHO simply doesn't compare with the others.

Maybe the Acura TL, but in the original post above, Inside Line discounted it because their original review of the TL is not too good.

So really, only the new Maxima and the Lincoln MKS can really compare with the SHO Taurus.

At least, that is how I see it.

Stay Fabulous!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
It is going to be rather fun and interesting seeing how the auto rag writers deal with premium, feature packed, well executed Ford cars.

These poor journalists will finally have to earn their money trying to think up new creative ways to down-play these no-excuse Ford cars.

In a sense it is kinda cool seeing it is Insideline the 1st of the bunch to make themselves look like absolute boneheads with some of the ridiculous comments made.

As stupid as this comparo reads, one can say , who would have of thought 1 year ago that the Taurus would be in a comparo with a Infinite G?? vehicle.

Quite a compliment I'd say.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Done the comparo with Acura, Lexus and Infiniti, i suspect that the next comparo will be Taurus SHO vs BMW 5-series and Mercedes-Benz E-Class.

Congratulatiosn Ford, your Taurus is a world class car...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts