·
Registered
919 Posts
I second that....

Go Taurus! Go Ford!!!

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Taurus against Acura, Lexus, Infiniti and now Audi....... amazing!!!

What is an MK S ?? Some people say that is a Lincoln flagship....did you see this car lately?????? hahahahahaha....

·
Registered
919 Posts
The MKS had its time to shine, and now it is the Taurus in the spotlight. I also think this will also help the MKS, since the MKS is the same as the Taurus.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I like the new Taurus, but if Ford is trying to sell it against Acura and Lexus then they're aiming at the wrong crowd. Ford should push the MKS against the Acura and Lexus, and push the Taurus against Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. The good news is that most of our customers who have test driven the new Taurus really seem like it. The only complaints we had against it was that the car is quite large and heavy in comparison to the older Taurus, but I'm sure they'll adapt.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I sat in an MKS at the autoshow and was impressed by the interior too. Its top notch, especially with the white wood trim.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
If the MKX can compete with the Edge, so can the MKS compete with the Taurus.
Ok, the MK X compete with the Edge, but the MK X has a better interior. When i compared the Taurus-MK S duo , i find:
1.- The Taurus is better looking than the MK S. Nobody argue this point here.... Send the MK S to the Taurus's design's drawing table, please.
2.- The Taurus has the same equipment, or almost the same ( blind point alert, parking asist, adaptative cruise control, etc, etc....
3.- The Taurus is cheaper than the MK S
4.- The Taurus interior design and quality is almost as good and luxury as the MK S interior ( for my personal taste, the Taurus is better than the MK S)
5.- The EcoBoost engine in the Taurus SHO is most powerful than the MK S Ecoboost

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is an MK S ?? Some people say that is a Lincoln flagship....did you see this car lately?????? hahahahahaha....
What do you mean? Did you move to the US? I see MKSs all the time . . .

You have to experience both cars. Completely different worlds aimed to completely different tastes . . . you'd be happier with the Taurus but don't assume that everyone will.

By the way, here is another commercial . . .

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
imho it can be hard to create a good metaphor for the MKS (mainly since so few remember the Eldorado & what it might have become (imho))
and
seeing cars as people/people-types has it's dangers too
but
(without fixating too much on the sexist implications)
to me
the MKS is like a modern über-woman in a designer business suit (for those old enough, think Nell from Allie McBeal)
extremely capable
glamourous, yes
but everything is just barely subdued on the surface
yet
if you're lucky enough to get to know her. . .

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
What do you mean? Did you move to the US? I see MKSs all the time . . .

You have to experience both cars. Completely different worlds aimed to completely different tastes . . . you'd be happier with the Taurus but don't assume that everyone will.

By the way, here is another commercial . . .

I went to Boston 2 weeks ago, and the MK S is an invisible car. Whatever, you are rigth, i like the Taurus, and someones like the MK S. Both are Ford cars...

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went to Boston 2 weeks ago, and the MK S is an invisible car. Whatever, you are rigth, i like the Taurus, and someones like the MK S. Both are Ford cars...
Yeah. Sadly the North East is notorious for dissing American cars, especially luxury ones.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
imho it can be hard to create a good metaphor for the MKS (mainly since so few remember the Eldorado & what it might have become (imho))
and
seeing cars as people/people-types has it's dangers too
but
(without fixating too much on the sexist implications)
to me
the MKS is like a modern über-woman in a designer business suit (for those old enough, think Nell from Allie McBeal)
extremely capable
glamourous, yes
but everything is just barely subdued on the surface
yet
if you're lucky enough to get to know her. . .

ummm...... Nell ( Portia de Rosi ), beautiful and sofisticated woman...ask Ellen to know more from her....

For me the Taurus is Dayana Mendoza ( the current Miss Universe....) , modern, sexy and sweet beauty and the MK S is Nicole Kidman...atractive, mature and subtle elegant...
I prefer the youngest Dayana.

If you prefer boys, the Taurus is Hugh Jackman ( Wolverine.....Australia), mature but still young, strong and sexy. The MK S is Pierce Brosnan ( James Bond...) , older, more elegant, atractive.
I prefer the strongest Jackman.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Yeah. Sadly the North East is notorious for dissing American cars, especially luxury ones.
Boston must have the biggest population of Cayennes, Q7 , BMW X6 and Range Rovers of the world !!!!! One nigth, in a single block, in Newbury St. i saw 3 Porsches ( Cayennes, not 911), 2 Range Rovers, 2 Audis ( Q7 ) and 1 X6... 1 Mercedes Benz ( older E class) and 1 VW New Beetle....:eek:

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I would argue this point all day long. The MKS is equally appealing as the Taurus if not a bit more attractive. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion so please dont suggest it is an argument if I prefer one over the other.

Can you tell us how many MKS and Taurus you have actually seen or experienced in person?

Ok, i prefer Taurus and you prefer MK S...thats OK for me and for Ford Motor Company and for your dealer.... :)

I saw and experienced the MK S in 2008 LA autoshow last november, and is a nice car. The Taurus only in videos and pictures. I was in USA 2 or 3 weeks ago, and the Taurus was in midst of launching. None in the streets... :(

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
more metaphors ;)

the Taurus is the best steakhouse in the country
but
it's not the escoffier/cuisine of the MKS

(can you tell I'm betwn dinner & dessert?)

:)

More:
Taurus is 3/4 lbs beef with french fries and salad , plus a good californian wine and dessert ( maybe a good Tiramisu made with real mascarpone cheese) in a good american restaurant with excelent service in Boston...

MK S is a piece of salmon, with some almonds and vegetables salad, plus a good wine from Chile and a cup of ice cream , served in a "french" restaurant in the San Francisco downtown....

i prefer the pure and true american flavor!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts