Ford Inside News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, about a month ago a 17 year old decided to cross the center line on a two lane road near my house and crash head on into my 2006 Freestyle. I was going about 40 mph and I think he was doing about the same. I had about a second from when he crossed until impact. The Freestyle was totaled but I walked away with just a sprained wrist(I was holding the wheel when the airbag went off) and a cut on my forehead from my glasses when I hit the airbag.

So after a lot of test drives and talking with poeple here and on other sites I picked up my steel blue 2010 Mercury Mainer Premier last Saturday. I got the V6 FWD fully loaded.

I decided that with just one kid at home and the other in college, I should downsize from having three rows of seats.

So after a week of driving it I have to say that I think I made the right pick. I was also thinking about and Edge, Fusion or Taurus. After seeing the pics of the 2011 Edge I couldn't bring myself to getting a 2010. While I liked both the Fusion and Taurus I really wanted to have a hatch for taking my son to hockey, loading the golf clubs and my road bike.

I'll try to post so pics soon.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
congrats on the new ride! can't wait to see pics

1 - 5 of 5 Posts