Ford Inside News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would make a little post about my first time behind the wheel of this beautiful piece of Mercury Engineering.

I was very surprised at the turn of the key and nothing happened. The car was whisper silent and was beautifully equipped for the price of $33k. The vehicle had the navigation system, 10 speaker Sony sound, leather, fully electric, and more. Unfortunately LMdealer was unable to tag along but he took the car for the day after I drove her.

I was able to comfortably achieve about 36mpg and she rode a lot better than my Milan. I drove her to my work at Lowe's and showed her to a couple of friends when a customer seemed more excited about the vehicle than I was. He saw the interior, trunk, and the rear seats with a large smile on his face. I learned that I should be carrying a stack of Business Cards with me whenever I show off a car.

I was just very impressed at how well this car has improved on what I am driving right now that I am officially having Hybrid Milan withdrawals and can not wait to get one in my driveway in Atlantis Green Metallic.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Great to hear you say such positive things about it. And it's excellent that someone liked it as much as you say they did.

I certainly hope this car will be a huge success for Mercury,but for that to happen they gotta market it. And I've yet to see a 2010 Milan commercial.

As a matter of fact I stopped by my local Mercury dealer yesterday & they had a 2010 Milan Base in white platinum & I gotta say it's simply beautiful inside & out. And now that I've seen the interior in person I have no further complaints about it.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Good review, YZx5 :thumbup:
&
as said in another thread (iirc), they ARE showing Milan Hybrid commercials here in Chicago -- with *Jill* :)
...now that I've seen the interior in person I have no further complaints about it.
re-iirc, you were less than enthusiastic about the dash trim (from pix), Mr.SABLE
now that you've seen (felt?) it in person, care to say more?
From pix I can't tell if the textured part on the console looks metallic or not :confused:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great to hear you say such positive things about it. And it's excellent that someone liked it as much as you say they did.

I certainly hope this car will be a huge success for Mercury,but for that to happen they gotta market it. And I've yet to see a 2010 Milan commercial.

As a matter of fact I stopped by my local Mercury dealer yesterday & they had a 2010 Milan Base in white platinum & I gotta say it's simply beautiful inside & out. And now that I've seen the interior in person I have no further complaints about it.
I actually saw one commercial for the Mercury Milan 2010 and I think it was for the hybrid. I can not find it anywhere, but I am sure I saw one.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Good review, YZx5 :thumbup:
&
as said in another thread (iirc), they ARE showing Milan Hybrid commercials here in Chicago -- with *Jill* :)

re-iirc, you were less than enthusiastic about the dash trim (from pix), Mr.SABLE
now that you've seen (felt?) it in person, care to say more?
From pix I can't tell if the textured part on the console looks metallic or not :confused:
Unfortunately the car was locked & I had a few friends with me so I didn't take the time to ask a salesmen to let me take a look inside. So I didn't get the opportunity to get in the car & feel around, but from what I saw the trim piece on the dash close the the pass. side airbag looks to be some type of satin aluminum trim it's not as bright as the trim in the '09 models, but it certainly looks good in person or to me it does.

And another good thing is that they had this new Milan sitting right out front where everyone could see it. And they also have another one (the hybrid model) that is sitting out front on a lift up high so even to people on the road can get a good look at it.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ I sat in a Hybrid Milan yesterday :)
didn't ask the salescritter to waste time on me so didn't see the IP do more than its just-getting-in "hello" BUT even that is AmAzInG in a production car!!
&
the Milan InPerson looks better imho than in pix - more of an Infiniti vibe imho
& very 'likeable' (very UNlike Acura :p & :barf: )
really *REALLY* need to see one on-the-street/in-traffic now :fidget:

to be continued
(*LIKED* the dash trimS)

continued:
the Milan-Hybrid I saw was a 300A spec - had Leather (like the seat patterning just fine in person) & climate;
the dash trim was 2 kinds of "aluminum": a darker patterned (mesh? drilled? dimpled?) kind on the dash 'spear' & the outer centerstack surround**
and a bright smooth finished aluminum on the inner 'bezel'.
It was a lovely combination :)
sorry I can't say for certain that both were metal but I think so (get kinda overwhelmed when sitting in new Mercs for the first time - even had to go back for another look cuz I forgot to specifically examine the Hybrid wheels - I approve ;))
but did feel the dash spear & that felt metallic & cool to the touch & the other looked even more aluminum-y...
However,
**there must be at least 2 kinds of outer-centerstack-surrounds/dashspears cuz most pix I've seen show a kind of 'wood-grain' texture, which this did NOT have -- and I'm 99% sure I saw the wood-ish kind in a Milan pic (darn dialup :( darn laptop :( )
Also,
tho they didn't have a cloth interior just now to inspect,
I GOT A MILAN BROCHURE :) :) (NICE-ly DONE!)
&
it showed pix of the fabric, which is very different from the previous models' ...YAY!
(thought the Hybrids got a different recycled fabric but that wasn't shown in the brochure - maybe that's just the Fusion Hybrid?)
so
now I HAFTA see MORE :D
will probably stop by a suburban dealer soon

ps
saw a couple 2010 MKZ's too... soooo elegant
(will check out their new interior when I go for my next Milan-fix)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts