Ford Inside News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.LeftlaneNews.com/ford-taurus-2010.html

.....Although the car spotted today was heavily clad in camouflage, an earlier image leak and our artist’s illustration show what the production Taurus will look like. The basic three-bar grille remains, but it has been grafted onto a trapezoidal opening. A similarly shaped inverted air intake sits below the grille. The headlights have some detailing similar to other American Ford products, but their shape is decidedly European....

·
Registered
919 Posts
The new Taurus will finally look like it should, a beautiful piece of Ford's engineering. I hope this will get the attention it much deserves.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
over at BON there's a post that the Sable will skip the "super" F-Awd model and wait for the GRwdP...
...IF that's true, &
IF they don't keep the Sable 'as is',
think they'd better do a GrandMilan - 'cept don't think Hermosillo has any volume to spare.
Wonder if Oakville could profitably add a long(er) wheelbase car to the Cuv line?
_________________________________^which^, I always thought would be good as a superMkZep

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
This car cannot get here soon enough. If you see it, you can tell it will set high standards. I hope the pipes will not be that visible, but tucked in Like GM's Malibu

·
Registered
53 Posts
To my eyes, the greenhouse looks more rounded (and more Asian) at the back/c-pillar area than the earlier shot- I preferred the first picture but obviously it is hard to tell with all that disguise work. In any event the prospect of an EcoBoost-powered Taurus may change my short-term car plans, in that I would wait for this car before making a move...anyone know when it is supposed to debut?

^^^2b2...I wouldn't bank on a RWD Mercury or any other RWD sedan coming out of Ford anytime in the near future. I believe that the RWD program will follow the Boss in being sacrificed at the altar of high fuel prices and crumbling sales...but then again I have nothing more than a hunch to go on.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ Thanks, Ach
just messenger-ing (a time-honored practice & showcar name ;))
until I see evidence that Mr.M's GRwdP in 2-to-3yrs='10cy/'11cy has been changed, I include it in my soothsaying...

my own non-bankable prediction, based on coming-$-catastrophe for much of Ford's demographic, is:
the "Fwd-superman" will be a Mercury, not a Ford
& the GRwdP will be Lincoln's cake & Ford's frosting...

was ^that^ too oracularly obscure? ;)

now for the BOSS...
as a Lincoln engine (car version), wonder what would be a good name for it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts