Ford Inside News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is it, the midcycle refresh of the 2011 Honda Accord. When we saw prototypes running around Death Valley we figured it wouldn't be long before the production version showed up.

Unfortunately, the upgrades on the 2011 Honda Accord coupe and sedan are a little more sedate than we expected. There's no six-speed transmission as we had hope. Instead, Honda changed the gearing of the five-speed automatic to improve mileage. The four-cylinder models are now expected to get EPA ratings of 23 city and 34 highway mpg when equipped with the automatic transmission. The V6 automatic is expected to get 19 city and 30 highway mpg.

That's pretty much it for mechanical upgrades. The rest of the 2011 Accord's changes are styling updates on the exterior and some minor changes to the interior. On the outside there's a new grille, revised bumper, updated wheel design and a new trunk lid. Interior upgrades include shift paddles for V6 coupes and USB ports on all coupes and some sedans. Revised climate controls are also part of this year's upgrades.

More...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Re: 2011 Honda Accord Gets Improved Fuel Economy, Styling Upgrades

I've tried to like the Honda Accord sedan - but I can't.. The coupe is decent, though...

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Re: 2011 Honda Accord Gets Improved Fuel Economy, Styling Upgrades

Styling at honda never left the dogs, Even Acuras that used to look decent have gone down the tubes now.
I've tried to like the Honda Accord sedan - but I can't.. The coupe is decent, though...

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Oh no! We need that some one forbid this car. Is dangerous to our eyes!!!! Is very, very ugly!!!! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
2011 Honda Accord Gets Visual, Equipment Updates – Car News

A new trim level, a few more mpg, and freshened styling highlight the tweaks. Honda typically sticks to very strict model cycles, and four years after it went on sale as a 2008 model, the Accord is receiving its scheduled refresh. Among the tweaks for 2011 is an exterior freshening for both sedan and coupe, including [...] Related posts:
  1. 2009 Hyundai Sonata and 2008 Chevrolet Malibu More Fuel-Efficient Than Toyota Camry and Honda Accord – Car News
  2. 2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 – Short Take
  3. 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour 4WD – Short Take Road Test

More...

·
Registered
919 Posts
I think the Coupe and the CrossTour look the best out of the 3 styles. The sedan just does not do it for me.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I think all manufacturers are trying to program their engines to match the MPG cycle ratings test.
Real world mileage has never been further from the labels as now

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Welcome to our new brave world of environmentalism
I think all manufacturers are trying to program their engines to match the MPG cycle ratings test.
Real world mileage has never been further from the labels as now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts