Ford Inside News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thanks 2b2 :) .

The 2011 Mercury Milan with the new appearance package is way better looking than the Fusion .

Poor Mercury :( .

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thanks 2b2 :) .

The 2011 Mercury Milan with the new appearance package is way better looking than the Fusion .

Poor Mercury :( .
I agree with that 1000%. I prefer Merc over Ford designs. My next car will be probably be a used Milan. A Milan with cloth seats and a V6. Maybe a 2008 or 09 Milan

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ YvW
+

&
imho
FoMoCo just got the colors right (no beige!)((with the possible exception of not having DkInkBlue))
I really hope I get to see a 2011 SteelBlue Milan someday...

I wonder how much they plan to build, cant be but a couple 1000.
haven't seen any info about coming months
but
found a new article:
Ford extends dealer cash on Mercury products through Sept.
Jamie LaReau
Automotive News -- August 27, 2010 - 4:14 pm ET
...The program, which allocates $1,500 per vehicle, was set to end Aug. 31...

...At the end of July, Ford had about 8,200 Mercury vehicles in U.S. dealer stock, said Ken Czubay, Ford’s vice president of U.S. marketing, sales and service. That’s less than a 40-day supply.

At the end of June, Ford had 10,000 Mercury products in U.S. stock.

Ford plans to end production of Mercury vehicles in early October.

“The sell down is proceeding smoothly,” Czubay said during a July sales call. “By the end of the year there will be very few Mercurys in stock.”

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100827/RETAIL/100829884/1400#ixzz0xw2wgODt

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2,129 Milans sold during July (out of 6,903 Mercurys total)
so with just an 1,800 drop in overall Merc inventory, they must have built/shipped a bit over 5,000 total
IF they built Milans in the exact lowering-replacement ratio, that would've be 1,573 Milans
(if my 'rithmatic is correct
)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts