Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.leftlanenews.com/lincoln-mkx-2011.html

Crossover2011 Lincoln MKX [Spied]

Our shooters clearly had a little luck of the Irish on Tuesday as we snagged the first ever photos of the 2011 Lincoln MKX. A gust of wind gave us an uncovered view of this face-lifted CUV for only a few seconds until the engineers leapt out to re-cover the car.

It’s quickly apparent that this new MKX will be brought into line with its MKS and MKT counterparts with Lincoln’s signature, double-wing grille. Behind that grille we can see a crosshatch grille inserts that will probably be chrome on the production model. Much sleeker headlights appear to be hiding behind the camouflage as well as a totally redesigned lower fascia. While we weren’t able to get a view of the rear, insiders tell us we caught the bulk of the changes with our photos.

The MKX’s interior may also be getting an update as we think we see a piece of black interior camouflage draped on the dashboard.

It is expected this new MKX — and its platform mate, the Ford Edge — will get turbocharged, Ecoboost motors. Whether this motor ends up being the twin turbo 3.5L found in the MKT and MKS, the rumored four-cylinder Ecoboost motor, or otherwise, remains to be seen. What you can count on is a significant increase in fuel economy for these CUVs

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Looks very nice :)
tho the grille & HL's don't appear to offer any surprises to 'us',
the roundness in the front 'corner' & the hood-sculpting (Interesting!!),
take the shape of the MKX in a new & excellent direction imho
&
does the side sculpting in the last pic look different too???
now
just need to find out if any/significant changes (& Edge-differentiation) was made in the C-pillar...

(also wonder if the MKX might be the first vehicle with an EB 4 cyl?
yeah, I know other models are rumored as more likely, but )

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ not exactly sure what you meant, ausrutherford :confused:

I remember when the MKX & Edge came out is was late in the calendar year + a slow ramp-up;
don't remember off-hand when their next model year started
but
besides that^
since the 2010MY start dates are MID-2009,
doesn't it seem like the pictured test-vehicle could be a 2010my
OR
do you think they'll hold off until January2010 to make it a 2011my?
(esp. IF they show it in NYC before the 2010my MKX is even on the lots!!!)

ref:
WAYWFF
What Are You Waiting For, Ford?
thread

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
^ not exactly sure what you meant, ausrutherford :confused:

I remember when the MKX & Edge came out is was late in the calendar year + a slow ramp-up;
don't remember off-hand when their next model year started
but
besides that^
since the 2010MY start dates are MID-2009,
doesn't it seem like the pictured test-vehicle could be a 2010my
OR
do you think they'll hold off until January2010 to make it a 2011my?
(esp. IF they show it in NYC before the 2010my MKX is even on the lots!!!)

ref:
WAYWFF
What Are You Waiting For, Ford?
thread
Thats what Im saying, the mkX and edge usually switch over very late in the year (reason I know is they are the last to be updated on their sites). So this early MY10 tells me they will have an early MY11 starting in Jan/Feb. For it would make no sense to have a model year only last a month or two.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thats what Im saying, the mkX and edge usually switch over very late in the year (reason I know is they are the last to be updated on their sites). So this early MY10 tells me they will have an early MY11 starting in Jan/Feb. For it would make no sense to have a model year only last a month or two.
Why isnt this on the Lincoln forum?

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
well, they started out late for their original intro (see below);
yetBut / if true
a Jan-Feb switch means some model year is gonna be a short one...
checking the 2009my OrderGuide thread,
the "09" MKX/Edge's were posted July 28, 2008** (which is about when ordering opened & maybe a couple months before they got to the dealers)
so the 09my models will have not quite a full year's run

Imho, it could be argued either way for the '10my
- 'pad' the current model with about 6 more months
or
- jump into the new look for that time

When they first intro'ed, the '07my Edge & MKX OrderGuide came out Aug/Sept 2006
& then '08my Edge OrderGuide came out July 2007

Thinking about &
in researching the dates for the earlier OrderGuides (see below) it kinda seems to me that Ford is more likely to keep mid-year intros for the MKX & Edge
AND
that test-MKX looks close to production to me...
AND... SOmeBody already saw it ;)

&
when I got to the dates for the first OrderGuides,
I came across an April 2006 post about www.fordedge.org
I click it just for fun and got a page saying:
"Ford Edge .org will be back soon after much needed cleanup."
so
maybe Ford plans on using that domain name soon????

(Dare I add "new MKX rumored" to the NYC autoshow listing? ;))

lastly,
Let's ALL PM Ndwariga about moving this to the Lincoln section :D

&
:( just saw somebodyelse elsewhere say they saw it & called it the 2011 MKX :(

·
Registered
330 Posts
Ok, this just in....this am it was announced that Mazda would debut a revised 2010 CX-9 at the NY Auto Show next month, with new bumpers, grille, headlights and some interior changes promised, all for production this June.

Now, the CX-9 is based on the Edge/MKX and came to market 2 months after them.....it might be a long shot but perhaps this spied MKX really is the 2010 model which enters production 5/25/09!

The only thing that throws this off for me is I just recieved my NY Auto Show press schedule yesterday and oddly, there are NO Ford/L-M press conferences scheduled at all....

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
This is looking pretty sharp

Cant wait to see the full thing!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Ok, this just in....this am it was announced that Mazda would debut a revised 2010 CX-9 at the NY Auto Show next month, with new bumpers, grille, headlights and some interior changes promised, all for production this June.

Now, the CX-9 is based on the Edge/MKX and came to market 2 months after them.....it might be a long shot but perhaps this spied MKX really is the 2010 model which enters production 5/25/09!

The only thing that throws this off for me is I just recieved my NY Auto Show press schedule yesterday and oddly, there are NO Ford/L-M press conferences scheduled at all....
Autoblog's CX-9 short-article/blurb ...blurbicle?
& small-pic Link

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts

Well from what Iv heard, the Edge and MkX got pushed back around the same amount of time as the Fusion/Milan/MkZ. Remember they were to be MY09.

-------------
I fully expect Ford presence at NY to be Fiesta, Transit Connect passenger version (taxi conacpt shown last year;) ), Iosis Max Concept (betting shown up as Mercury), and whatever the Lincoln was (MkS-L?).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 44 Posts