Ford Inside News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kia Schools Us in Smart Style with 2011 Optima Interior

The 2011 Kia Optima doesn't arrive in showrooms until the fall, but earlier this year the South Korean automaker blitzed the 2010 New York auto show with its upcoming four-door with a showy worldwide reveal, a press release with some details on the car's powertrains and features, and best of all, a boozy after-hours party in a nifty Meatpacking District loft.

The only thing missing? A key to open the door and play around inside, to find out how much distance Kia's put between the Optima and another Korean sedan you might have seen here at TCC.

The Optima's cockpit is no longer a mystery. This week's press drives of the 2011 Kia Sportage included a special guest in the form of the Optima, parked outside of a lunch stop on the California coast--and with the doors unlocked, we took the chance to poke around the interior and to see how dramatically different it is from that of its company kin, the 2011 Hyundai Sonata.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/mar...s-us-in-smart-style-with-2011-optima-interior

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I don't think the interior lives up to the nice exterior of the car.

I'm not very impressed with the cockpit/dash/console design, maybe it would look better in person. The steering wheel is too cluttered with buttons that are spread out all over. This is not what I want to be looking at from the driver's seat every day.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Reminds me of the new Saab 9-5 interior.. looks nice

·
Registered
220 Posts
I actually would have liked to have gotten a new Optima, but they're hard to find right now, especially in the trim level I was looking for. Ended up getting a Sonata SE 2.0T. Basically the same car, except you can get the Kia with memory and heated seats, ironically enough. And I always thought Hyundai was positioned as the more "premium" of the two brands, and Kia was more "value." But I guess Hyundai has to protect the turf of their higher-line models like the Azera and Genesis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts