Ford Inside News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Re: Upcoming Jetta Vs. Cruze Vs. Upcoming Focus for North America

The Focus interior looks like come from 10000 $ more expensive car!!!! Is the better interior, by far.

·
Registered
306 Posts

The Chevy Snuze really is going to have a difficult time - its exterior is 1990's Toyota - and its interior is 1990's Hyundai. Its performance on most of the tests I see are 1970's Vega like.

The Focus interior does look like a much more expensive vehicle. The Jetta is almost 1980's Japanese small pickup quality on the inside.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

just by appearance, I rate the Focus & Cruze pretty equal
(disclaimer: I know better than to claim I can tell much from pix)
(disclaimer2: Interior Only - imho the Focus KILLS every same size car on Ext Looks - regardless of price!!)
&
I don't think the VeeDub looks bad... ...actually resembles the CURRENT euroFocus imho

however
when you add Sync, MyFordTouch and LordKnows what else
plus
the DCT/PowerShift tranny & a choice of EB or Hybrid
or LordKnows what else

= No Contest

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Are you serious? I have seen the LTZ Cruze in person. Hyundai Sonata is probably not as well put inside. Its a very very nice cabin.

Vega? Do you have something aganist GM or you were just kidding?

The Chevy Snuze really is going to have a difficult time - its exterior is 1990's Toyota - and its interior is 1990's Hyundai. Its performance on most of the tests I see are 1970's Vega like.

The Focus interior does look like a much more expensive vehicle. The Jetta is almost 1980's Japanese small pickup quality on the inside.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts

The Focus is just so superior from those images.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

The new Jetta combines upscale looks with a variety of powertrain options.In its first major stride toward achieving a rather batty dream of selling some 800,000 vehicles in the U.S. by 2018, Volkswagen has rolled out its new 2011 Jetta. Known during its development as the New Compact Sedan (NCS), the Jetta serves an important [...]No related posts.

More...

·
Registered
2,900 Posts

This is the outgoing interior of the Jetta next to the new one, virtually no improvement at all.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I read that they'll reintroduce the 115hp 2.0 engine as the base engine for the 2011 Jetta.
So that $16,000 Jetta will have an ancient SOHC 8-valve 2.0 liter engine.

Four trim levels (S, SE, SEL, TDI) will continue to be offered, although the base price has been dropped to $15,995 for the entry-level S model. The 2011 Jetta sees the return of Volkswagen’s 115-horsepower 2.0-liter four-cylinder powertrain as its base engine, while the previously standard 2.5-liter five-cylinder will be on the options list.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/volkswagen-jetta.html

Autoblog only listed the following engines: 2.5-liter inline-five with 170 horsepower, 2.0-liter turbo-diesel four with 140 hp, 2.0-liter turbocharged four with 200 hp.
I guess this gave the false impression that the base $16K 2011 Jetta will have a 170hp engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts