Ford Inside News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just the Facts:
  • A new compact Buick sedan will be marketed next year in U.S., reportedly as the 2012 Buick Verano.
  • The China version was just unveiled in Shanghai as the Buick Excelle GT.
  • Excelle GT is based on the GM Delta II platform that underpins the Opel Astra and the Chevrolet Cruze.
SHANGHAI, China — Shanghai General Motors has released a four-door companion to the Buick Excelle XT hatchback that went on sale earlier this year in China. It will be called the Buick Excelle GT. A version of the compact sedan will be marketed next year in U.S., reportedly as the 2012 Buick Verano.
The new Excelle GT, which goes on sale June 23 in China, shares many styling cues with the larger LaCrosse and is based on the GM Delta II platform that underpins the Opel Astra and the Chevrolet Cruze.
Engine choices in the Chinese market will include a 138-horsepower 1.8-liter four-cylinder and a 181-hp turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder.
In the U.S., Buick already has shown dealers versions of the small sedan, which has been described in some reports as a "baby LaCrosse." Dealers also have said Buick plans to add a small crossover in 2012, which may be marketed as the Buick Encore.

More...

·
Registered
919 Posts
The car does not look too bad. I am not much a fan of Buick's cars but like their SUV's and CUV's better. I think there is a vehicle in every brand that I like but Buick's cars are all looking a lot alike but scaled differently. I just don't think it makes their brand unique.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Nice little luxo car. Take note, Lincoln. Dont think to produce that aberration called C-Concept, please!

·
Registered
498 Posts
It seems like they forgot Projectors for this car. I hope for North America, there is only leatherlett as base interior and projectors, etc, Buick cannot Afford to play with high end Cruze and Civics,

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
looks nice
the only thing i dont like is the center armrest is too far back

1 - 8 of 8 Posts