·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Ford Falcon aims to stop the sales spiral
By Tim Beissmann
December 5th, 2011
Car Advice

Ford Australia won’t guarantee a halt to sliding Falcon sales in 2012 despite the introduction next year of a model range update and a new, more fuel efficient four-cylinder engine.

This year will go down as one of the worst in the Falcon’s 51-year history. After four consistent sales years between 2007 and 2010 where the Falcon – despite losing ground each year – remained between 33,941 and 29,516 units, this year it is on track to plummet by around 10,000 sales, falling below 20,000 units for the first time in recent history.

The year-on-year decline is the Falcon’s worst result since 2005-2006 when sales fell from 53,080 to 42,390 – although this year’s drop, likely to be in the region of 35 per cent, is far worse in terms of percentages. The glory days of 2003, when the Falcon achieved its best ever yearly sales result of 73,220 vehicles, is now a very distant memory.

Ford Australia president and CEO Bob Graziano is upbeat about the coming 12 months, but stopped short of guaranteeing annual Falcon sales would increase for the first time since 2003. “We now have the freshening out, we will have EcoBoost out early next year along with EcoLPi, so I’m looking for a good year in 2012,” he said.

Full text at link

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
With the new lineup and new vehicles, there are more and better choices.
Maintaining sales momentum on one particular vehicle is a piece of cake, if you only make that choice the best choice, and starve the others. But that is silly.
People and families and needs change, thus, selections do as well.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Why would Ford be investing in a dead model ;)

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Why would Ford be investing in a dead model ;)
they're also bringing out the LPG (iirc) version
yet
tho I'd like to say ^ "Exactly"
& I'm still hoping for a Falcon co-platformed GRwdP,
I can still see this(these) as stop-gap(s)
:toetap:
I don't expect Fomoco(Lincoln) to say ANYthing about RWD while their immediate future is all F-AWD ... maybe hearing about LHD testcars &or export "studies" will be the first real clues.
The best I'll say is that the Falcon isn't being killed yet - but we knew that.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I would think this model for the Ford Division and a LWB for Lincoln?? The MKR might fit in somewhere with this platform or could that model use a version of the Mustang.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I would think this model for the Ford Division and a LWB for Lincoln?? The MKR might fit in somewhere with this platform or could that model use a version of the Mustang.

Lincoln will get a version of the ALL NEW Mustang IRS chassis maybe a year after the ALL NEW Mustang is revealed in 2014/2015.

Remember I said it here first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts