1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Hyundai Sonata Receives its First Facelift in South Korea
JULY 19, 2011
Carscoop

Hyundai has blessed the South Korean market version of its Sonata mid-size sedan with its very first mild facelift. Just don’t blink because you may very well miss it.

The light cosmetic surgery on the outside brings a revamped front grille with a little bit less chrome on top and around the sides, plus new LED taillights at the back, reshaped mirror casings and a fresh choice of alloy wheel designs including a set of 18-inch multispoke rims.

There are some mild tweaks inside, namely the new trim options, higher quality materials, the addition of LED spot lights and improved standard equipment throughout the range.

Full text at link

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
This car is stunning! The best midsize sedan design today. Broke all "family sedan" rules, with an atractive and unconventional style.
That's the funniest thing I've heard all month!

This thing looks terrible up close, and seems cobbled together and left to bake too long.
The coupe look of it compromises rear headroom dangerously. I sat in the back of one at the autoshow, and my head rubbed the top, and would hit the rear window frame/glass in a crash.

I seriously hope Ford/Lincoln stay far away from this 'design' when they redo the Fusion/Mondeo/MKZ.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
That's the funniest thing I've heard all month!

This thing looks terrible up close, and seems cobbled together and left to bake too long.
The coupe look of it compromises rear headroom dangerously. I sat in the back of one at the autoshow, and my head rubbed the top, and would hit the rear window frame/glass in a crash.

I seriously hope Ford/Lincoln stay far away from this 'design' when they redo the Fusion/Mondeo/MKZ.
Ok, may be my commentary is funnie, but the sales charts not. See the Hyundai Sonata sales numbers.... The people in the Ford headquarter ( even in the Toyota offices) are not laughing with those numbers...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hyundai has one thing nobody else has. A turbo 4 with very good gas mileage. I can understand why people buy them. Looks will always be subjective but I think it looks pretty decent. I just cant bring myself to cave in to the Koreans no matter where its made. Ford cant get the eco boost engines in EVERYTHING quick enough to suit me.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Hyundai has one thing nobody else has. A turbo 4 with very good gas mileage. I can understand why people buy them. Looks will always be subjective but I think it looks pretty decent. I just cant bring myself to cave in to the Koreans no matter where its made. Ford cant get the eco boost engines in EVERYTHING quick enough to suit me.
I think , by the news and informations leaked in the web, that the next Fusion will take the Sonata road: only 4 cyl engines ( one normally aspired, another ecoboost), and the style will be more adventurous and futuristic, like the Sonata. Dont spect 6 cyl engines in the next Fusion.... But i hope Lincoln could give to their customers an MK Z with a V6 engine.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I don't care for the styling on the Sonata, I think the front looks way to awkward almost like its melting off. I think the Kia looks words better, plus you can get heated and cooled seats in the Kia but not the Hyundai??? I thought the Hyundai was supposed to be more luxury. AS for the overall package it is very hard to beat, great engines and a great warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts