Ford Inside News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
The mention a revised exterior, MyFord Touch, and better brakes

The engine didn't get more power, I wonder if that is because the MKS will get the 400 HP? while the SHO stays around 365? or maybe it will get 400. Who knows. Just random thoughts running through my head

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I think if the updates are true the SHO ( which is already good) would be a great vehicle. Definitely worth the price over a regular Taurus

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Not that the SHO needs any more power, as it is a rocket, but the other changes are welcome.
I actually hope they take away some of the "stylish" center dash. Too much rake, and too large and takes away interior space and knee space. Just tone it down a bit. Sometimes less is more.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
That would be a nice update for the car. It certainly needs new brakes. I wish they could lighten it up a little too.
I think the next generation of cars they are going to focus on reducing weight. I want to see the next SHO be in the sub 5 second 0-60

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
That would be a nice update for the car. It certainly needs new brakes. I wish they could lighten it up a little too.
I saw something interesting in the Global Focus TestDrive coverage
(likely at Alex's FFocused blog)
where a Ford rep said the US built SELthey had in Madrid, had very different brake 'adjustment' to prevent the (para-quote) "dropping an anchor feeling that Europeans like/expect"

makes me wonder if Ford over does the 'softening' in the US market???
(since I've seen maaaaaaany posts say that Ford-US brakes aren't up to snuff)

·
Registered
6 Posts
How about a set of fog lights? My high beams are great but it seems to me a set of functional lights to replace those "light bars" would be a practical change

1 - 10 of 10 Posts