Ford Inside News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Okay...like the new Lexus GS, Toyota had a huge opoortunity to make a design statement with their best selling vehicle...instead, the Camry gets another front and rear end refresh. Interior wise...well...I don't know what to say...I'm happy they increased the quality, both material and tactile, but the shape and the design...just looks cheap. And I've not yet seen the wood grain trim, which I read on Autoblog is "the worst looking fake wood trim ever".

Honestly, with this car...well...Ford and Chevrolet will have a field day. The Fusion and the new Malibu are going to really begin eating Toyota's lunch now. When the new Fusion hits the market...Toyota will wish they had done a lot more to the Camry.

What are everyone elses thoughts?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Unfortunately, it just doesn't matter anymore. Plain American car buyers will buy plain vanilla Camrys still and they will stay #1. Sonata is the only one that has them a little nervous. Hyundai doesn't sit around after making winners. The new Alzera is going to be a natural place for the Sonata buyers to aspire. One day we will learn that...... But first, let's fix Lincoln!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Smart move on lowering the price.

Someone else pointed out that they removed the LED tail lamps? and that you can no longer get auto up/down on all 4 windows... interesting

·
Registered
401 Posts
Unfortunately, it just doesn't matter anymore. Plain American car buyers will buy plain vanilla Camrys still and they will stay #1. Sonata is the only one that has them a little nervous. Hyundai doesn't sit around after making winners. The new Alzera is going to be a natural place for the Sonata buyers to aspire. One day we will learn that...... But first, let's fix Lincoln!
This ^^^^^^ .

·
Registered
193 Posts
The new Camry is about as exciting to me as buying a new washing machine. Im not impressed but never am with Toyotas offerings. Ford cant get the eco boost in the Fusion quick enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts