Ford Inside News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Well, it looks much better than the cruze. I can see a bit of Taurus in the front, but I also get a Buick feeling for some reason?!?
Overall, I like the styling better than anything in it's class right now, but not by much...Just remember Ford and others will be bringing out new models shortly after this.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Nice, good looking, but not revolutionary design.... We will see how it battle with the next Fusion...

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Looks decent, though it might be stepping on the Buick Regal a bit

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
It follows the Cruze's (and old Malibu's) philosophy of . . . "much better than my predecessor buy just middle of the pack overall" and that is just not cutting it these days. Especially when the Fusion will be another example of Ford's philosophy of . . . "only the BEST".

·
Registered
218 Posts
Not much to go by here that we didn't already know. We pretty much knew what the front clip was going to look like. I guess we get the shape of the hood out of this. I'm much more interested in the profile shape, engine specs (new 2.5L is rumored) and interior/exterior dimensions.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Does it really matter what the Malibu looks like for 2012? Once the next Ford Fusion design is shown, the styling of the chevy 'boo will look 10 years behind.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ + 1

even tho I majorly dislike the Chevy grilles, this one I can overlook because it's easy for me to picture a Mercury waterfall as the insert
But ... EVEN THAT DOESN'T HELP!!!

the front end & hood are WAY too blocky
makes it look CUV-based even more than the original FiveHundred

gues it was purely a fluke that the current Malibu came out looking so elegant

·
Registered
161 Posts
Does it really matter what the Malibu looks like for 2012? Once the next Ford Fusion design is shown, the styling of the chevy 'boo will look 10 years behind.
I tend to agree as the upcoming new fusion should be the leader in it's segment.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Well, the problem is TurboS40 that without the Fusion being shown yet, it kind of looks 10 years old already.

·
Registered
997 Posts
All GM did here is take a 2006 Honda Accord and changed the back half a little. Oh, and slapped a Chevy grill on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts