·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spy Photos: 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid
By Mike Magrath
October 19, 2010
insideline.com

As we've already seen, the 2013 Ford Fusion and 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid will be running on a new world-car platform-- EUCD-- to be shared by the Mondeo. And now we finally have visual confirmation that Ford will continue to sell its hybrid version of the Fusion-- as if there was any doubt.

Full text and pics at link

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hope the new model will be more exciting style wise, as much praise the Mondeo has received stateside it's quite bland compared to the Fusion.

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's sorta fun seeing the comments elsewhere
where they don't realize this is just a mule.

Wonder when we'll get the first hint of what the nextgen(s) will look like?
Front end reminds me of the front end of the Start.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Like I said at GMI, it looks like it is just a current gen Mondeo with the hybrid powertrain

the Fusion is slightly larger and the fusion has a larger engine bay

from what I have heard the Mondeo will grow in size to be closer to the Fusion when they merge

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Like I said at GMI, it looks like it is just a current gen Mondeo with the hybrid powertrain

the Fusion is slightly larger and the fusion has a larger engine bay

from what I have heard the Mondeo will grow in size to be closer to the Fusion when they merge
That is exactly what it is. I think they put that camo-bra on just for fun.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
That is exactly what it is. I think they put that camo-bra on just for fun.
the guys at GMI are trying to tell me its not and that is is actually the next gen Fusion... LOL

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
actually...
_wlb_____ovl_____w____h__
112.2 - 190.55 - 74.3 - 59.1 - Mondeo sedan
107.4 - 190.40 - 72.2 - 57.2 - Fusion
The Fusion is smaller than the Mondeo! i'm surprised with this numbers.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
The Fusion is smaller than the Mondeo! i'm surprised with this numbers.
yea it does not make sense since the Fusion does have a larger engine bay... wth

I call shinanigans!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I hope the europeans get a hybrid Mondeo. We'll see how the hybrid versions of the C-Max do I guess

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
yea it does not make sense since the Fusion does have a larger engine bay... wth

I call shinanigans!
MOI? Shinanigans??

tho my little textfile database has numbers from lots of sources & errors are of course possible
but
I'm sure the Mondeo has a significantly longer wheelbase & fairly certain it has more interior room (due to the smaller engine compartment)

my main question has to do with the availability of a v6
imho the Mondeo & Fusion CAN do without
but not the MKZ!!

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MOI? Shinanigans??

tho my little textfile database has numbers from lots of sources & errors are of course possible
but
I'm sure the Mondeo has a significantly longer wheelbase & fairly certain it has more interior room (due to the smaller engine compartment)

my main question has to do with the availability of a v6
imho the Mondeo & Fusion CAN do without
but not the MKZ!!
Fundeo does need the room for the 3.5EB though for a nice RSVT version.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Fundeo does need the room for the 3.5EB though for a nice RSVT version.
Do you really think the Mondusion needs approx. 400hp, ausrutherford? (that is what the 3.5EB is moving towards, no?)
&
Saw a post about a SEMA 2.3EB - which imho could hit upto 300hp in production tune;
wonder if there's any chance of that happening in the real world?
&2
still thinking of the barely-rumored 2.7v6 &or the new Lincoln v6 (whatever it may be)...
imho a 2.7EB v6 could reach 350hp (esp if its price allowed some fancy materials/techniques)...
...wonder if ^ that could be close in size to the 2.0EB-4cyl, at least in whichever direction matters most
...and thus could fit the nextgen MKZ's engine compartment

1 - 20 of 30 Posts