Ford Inside News banner

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Tags
hybrid mkz
23K views 87 replies 15 participants last post by  Andrew L 
#1 ·
Did some shots today. Wanted to do more but a guy with a pickup decided to park next to me under the bridge and refused to move.

See less See more
Reactions: 2b2 and DetroitBORG
#4 ·
Awesome, Andrew!

I think my favorite of this bunch is that last one ... oh, that sunset! ;)

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"The sun is on my side and takes me for a ride" __ Natasha Bedingfield __ 'Pocket Full Of Sunshine'
That's the west coast of Florida for you. Some of the most beautiful sunsets you can ask for right over the Gulf of Mexico.

#6 ·
Nice looking car. So how has the average mpg been?
According to Fuelly 38.1 on 4 fill-ups. On the way back from that shoot I averaged 51.4 according to the computer.

Reactions: 2b2
#9 ·
Thanks for sharing the pictures! Keep getting the word out, I really feel that the MKZ is one of the best-kept automotive secrets out there. I'm very encouraged by an uptick in MKC and MKZ sales; lets hope that it's contagious for Lincoln!
I agree. I was as unbiased as possible when shopping and a really close contender, and had it not been for price would have won, was the Toyota Avalon. Like I said take the typical auto enthusiast Toyota hate out of it and just test drive one and you will be blown away at how nice it is. MKZ ultimately won on price, features, warranty, etc.

Reactions: 2b2
#10 ·
That's the west coast of Florida for you. Some of the most beautiful sunsets you can ask for right over the Gulf of Mexico.
So I've been told. Really wish I could see them in person ... maybe someday. Or not ... lol.

"Finding out the hard way what freedom means" __ Baillie and the Boys __ 'Wilder Days'

#11 ·
So I've been told. Really wish I could see them in person ... maybe someday. Or not ... lol.

"Finding out the hard way what freedom means" __ Baillie and the Boys __ 'Wilder Days'
That would make a great road trip for your website tho! :-( :thumb:

#13 ·
Did some playing around with MLT

I wonder how many of you will get it

#14 ·
^ attached a copy of Andrew's foto cuz fb only works for a while

Did some playing around with MLT

I wonder how many of you will get it

[img https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8b66953985608ba2f93b84204086402f&oe=55E0992C /img]
not me

maybe I'm over-thinking it?
just searched your trip's timeframe & youtube'd Everlong

OH!
the foto does look slightly 'shopped (don't wanna say what yet)
OR... did you hack some code?

edit/PS
just hearing about hurricane Erika :eek:

Attachments

#15 ·
None of the info up front it's the background :thumb:

Yep we talked about it a bit today, I think it is heading up the East coast of FL so we should be ok over here on the West coast *knock on wood*

#16 ·
Just an update today and some praise for Lincoln service. Wings you gotta read this! :-( :-( :-(

So the dealer I bought my MKZ from told me the keyless entry keycode was in the glove box turned out it wasn't. I called them up about a week after I bought the car and left a message on my sales man's voicemail never got a call back. This week I was closing in on 15k miles so I knew it was time for my oil change and I need that done before my trip next month. Also 14-present MKZs have LED running lights on the lower bumper where the 13s only come on when the headlights are on. On the MKZ forum there's a lot of back and forth of you can do it or not so I figured I'd as. So I had a few things I needed to do:
1 Oil Change
2 Get keycode
3 Turn the daytime LED lights on
4 Get a new recall done

I made the appointment and got it for 10 AM today and dropped it off, I got a 15 MKZ 2.0 EcoBoost as a loaner. They finished at 4PM and I headed back. With my surprise they didn't charge me a dime. I knew the oil change would be free cause I still have those left for the next year or so but dealers used to ALWAYS charge to get the keyless code if you didn't have it. On top of that the car wash was better than the ones I normally get which is usually just a rinse off this time it was full detail including wheel and tire polish. They also vacuumed the inside and cleaned the touch screen from all the finger prints. Very nice! This is the first very very VERY happy trip I have had to the Lincoln dealer in a long time and last time was with the LS. If they keep service like this people will take notice.

See below at my receipt I literally paid nothing :clap:

#17 ·
Thanks for sharing Andrew. I've always loved Lincoln-Mercury service departments. My service and experience have always been above and beyond.

#20 ·
Some of you may or may not have known I did a huge road trip the past week and a half from St. Pete, FL to Rhode Island to visit family and stand up in yet another friend's wedding. I took my girlfriend with me and we drove nonstop and it took us 22 hours to get up there which isn't bad normally it's 24 so we managed to shave off 2 hours.
I drove for 8 hours to then my g/f drive for 6 then I drove for 5 then my g/f drive for 2 and then I did the final hour. My g/f was loving it because she was born and raised in Tampa so she's never experienced fall. Personally fall is my least favorite season, to me it's very depressing seeing everything die and knowing winter is coming. I've always loved summer the most hence why I moved to FL where it is endless.
One thing for sure is, I am so happy the MKZ Hybrid has fold down seats because we loaded this car up all the way with a cooler to deliver some Polish food from a local deli here and all 3 of my g/f's bags where I only had 1 and a briefcase for my laptop and work equipment :banghead:.
The MKZ Hybrid did great here is a list of MPGs per fill up:

37.81 MPG - This was partial since I started with half a tank and filled up in northern FL
35.54 MPG
36.84 MPG
42.48 MPG - Final fill up in RI

The final number was excellent, I only had one complaint and that was in VA we stopped around 6 AM for gas and MLT decided to do "scheduled maintenance" right after filling up and I couldn't control the radio till it did it.
The wedding was in Thompson, CT which is north eastern CT and filled with hills. The MKZ Hybrid did awesome there cause of all the downhill roads and braking it charged the battery insanely fast. I also got to finally use the hill descend button which worked perfectly. The quick readouts for the trip were showing 48 close to 49 MPG on those roads.

I was originally supposed to local FINer gjrip on the way back but my sister and her husband in Charleston, SC decided to move their schedules around so they could see us Thursday and Friday (she's a nurse and works 3rd shift and her husband is a police officer who also works 3rd shift). Plus on top of that she is due in January with a boy and this is my parents first grandchild so there is some excitement there I was also tasked with delivering baby gifts in an already loaded car. So unfortunately we had to postpone but we may have a mini FIN meet in the near future :thumb: :clap:

On the way back the MPG looked like this:

42.04 MPG - This was around New England like Springfield, MA Thompson, CT Boston, MA etc and NYC (we took a trip to NYC while there for our 1 year anniversary)

33.60 MPG - The reason this was so low was because of the huge rain storm that hit New England when we left. The roads were not agreeing with the car I felt heavy resistance with all the rain and wind and it shows the car barely went into EV mode because of the resistance.
37.15 MPG
36.64 MPG

That works out to an average of 39.54 MPG for the entire trip which is above EPA rating of 37 Highway and 38 City. NOT BAD AT ALL! I am very happy with the results. The best I ever saw with my LS V6 was 32 or 33 when I took the trip from RI to FL when I moved, the best I ever saw with my Sable was 25 MPG and 32 with the Focus. I won't bother including the E150 conversion van. So even with the low 33 MPG with the bad weather I am a head of the game big time.

#22 ·
I will have to say NYC has changed in the past 3 years I haven't been there. I have never seen so many MKT Town Cars and brand new Escalades in my life. 2/3s were new Escalades while the other third were MKT Town Cars.

#23 ·
interesting, Andrew ^
guess the MKTs that got 'sold' have to be somewhere :angel
but sorta 'nice' to be able to lump Escalades into fleet sales as well :poke:

Did you notice any differences in Brand preponderance in various areas?
That was a big diff for me when I moved from L.A (foreign) to Reno = more domestics** but prolley nuthin like Michigan (also last time I visited Chicago)

** and (50%?)PICKUPS of course...Raptors are Not an uncommon sight :joyous:

#24 ·
Got a slightly frustrating story. It was time for my oil change this week so I called the dealer to schedule an appointment and told them on the phone I need a loaner since I will drop it off at lunch time and pick it up after work. They said no problem and added me to the system and I got an email confirmation. I get to the dealer and the service tech tells me I don't have an appointment and brings me to the board where all the clip boards are hanging. I pull out my phone and show him the email and he goes inside and goes oh sorry we didn't print it out, you're waiting right? I said no I requested a loaner and he said sorry we don't give loaners on oil changes because they are quick and I said well I need to get back to work I am on my lunch break and he said no worries we can get it done in under an hour with no car wash are you ok with that? I said ok fine but I need it done in under an hour. This irritated me since I have done this before and was given a loaner no question.

Thankfully the waiting area had a 'computer lab' and I was able to login to my work computer and get some things done while I waited however the screen resolution was laughably low maybe 800x600 and the computers were still running XP talk about behind the times. As I was sitting there I noticed the time ticking away it was now close to 2 hours and no one had come out or anything. I was getting frustrated so I walked back into the service area and the guy I dealt with before saw me and came running up to me. I told him 'it's been 2 hours and I told you guys I needed to go this is exactly why I requested a loaner' and he apologized and told me the reason why it was taking so long was because my transmission is leaking and they are trying to track down the source. I told him I couldn't wait and I need to get back to the office so he said well I can get you a loaner now... unreal. So we go to the desk to fill out the paperwork and he tells me I've seen this transmission leak a lot on the Hybrids but don't worry it will be fixed under warranty. I find it very odd since I have not noticed any weird shifting or any puddles in my driveway or garage. No warning lights either. He told me it wouldn't be ready till Friday. I just happened to take Friday off too so me and my girlfriend could go to Disney talk about horrible timing.

They ended up giving me a new 2016 MKX. So far I really like it. It's got excellent pickup and I love the interior minus the fact that the leather trim on the dash ends before the side vents which are just cheap plastic.

Any questions while I have it feel free to ask although @DetroitBORG has probably covered all of it already in his reviews.

#34 ·
Got a slightly frustrating story. It was time for my oil change this week so I called the dealer to schedule an appointment and told them on the phone I need a loaner since I will drop it off at lunch time and pick it up after work. They said no problem and added me to the system and I got an email confirmation. I get to the dealer and the service tech tells me I don't have an appointment and brings me to the board where all the clip boards are hanging. I pull out my phone and show him the email and he goes inside and goes oh sorry we didn't print it out, you're waiting right? I said no I requested a loaner and he said sorry we don't give loaners on oil changes because they are quick and I said well I need to get back to work I am on my lunch break and he said no worries we can get it done in under an hour with no car wash are you ok with that? I said ok fine but I need it done in under an hour. This irritated me since I have done this before and was given a loaner no question.

Thankfully the waiting area had a 'computer lab' and I was able to login to my work computer and get some things done while I waited however the screen resolution was laughably low maybe 800x600 and the computers were still running XP talk about behind the times. As I was sitting there I noticed the time ticking away it was now close to 2 hours and no one had come out or anything. I was getting frustrated so I walked back into the service area and the guy I dealt with before saw me and came running up to me. I told him 'it's been 2 hours and I told you guys I needed to go this is exactly why I requested a loaner' and he apologized and told me the reason why it was taking so long was because my transmission is leaking and they are trying to track down the source. I told him I couldn't wait and I need to get back to the office so he said well I can get you a loaner now... unreal. So we go to the desk to fill out the paperwork and he tells me I've seen this transmission leak a lot on the Hybrids but don't worry it will be fixed under warranty. I find it very odd since I have not noticed any weird shifting or any puddles in my driveway or garage. No warning lights either. He told me it wouldn't be ready till Friday. I just happened to take Friday off too so me and my girlfriend could go to Disney talk about horrible timing.

They ended up giving me a new 2016 MKX. So far I really like it. It's got excellent pickup and I love the interior minus the fact that the leather trim on the dash ends before the side vents which are just cheap plastic.
It does seem that they should have just given you the loaner that was promised with no questions, no matter how long the oil change 'should' have taken. But it is good they identified an 'early' transmission oil leak and started the repair process before you noticed any transmission issues. And as a bonus, you get to drive the New 2016 MKX to Disney.

#25 ·
Unfortunate that you were put in the situation you shouldn't have been in to begin with (with a loaner from the start), but at least you got a nice consolation prize for a few days :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.