Ford Inside News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Hyundai Genesis officially revealed with four engines and AWD

After numerous spy photos and teasers, Hyundai has officially introduced the all-new Genesis.
Unveiled today in Seoul, Korea, the second generation of the Genesis benefits from the firm's Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design language and comes with shorter overhangs and a single-frame tridimensional hexagonal front grille with a semi-gloss chrome finish. It has been equipped with bi-functional HID headlamps, LED indicators and fog lamps, as well as full LED taillights

http://www.worldcarfans.com/113112666707/2014-hyundai-genesis-officially-revealed-with-four-engines

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
that looks horrible, those headlights :toyota:
I agree with you Jose. The headligths are outdated. The actual trend is to make smaller and thin LEDs headligths. The rest of the car is OK , but not impressive. I expected more .

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
It's nice, but unmoving. It's Lexus bland, but without the reputation. It's a great car for those who wish to go unnoticed. Visual excitement isn't expensive, lack of visual excitement can be costly!

I didn't like the concept, but at least it wasn't boring. This dumbed down, Infinitized result is boring.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
You would think that having a widely renowned Design director like Peter Schreyer would mean that Hyundai would be able to move beyond insert luxury brand styling cue here styling.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ I wonder (as usual for designers) if the Approvers are holding style-things back!?
imho
Peter is easily capable of better than this

edit
wanted to recycle:
- poster child(s): Hyundai/Kia/Genesis/etc
--which MAY serve as a "breakwater" where the 'waves of Luxury' crash against mainstream 'hard places'
cuz imho Genesis indicates where the Ford Brand needs to go on their upper trim(s)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts